Tire Set??

prescott

I have a cattle farm and a sheep farm that has given me permission to trap,to help in the spring when they drop calves.I read an article about the tire set. Has anyone used this method? I figured on the outside off the fences and with sardines. Will Sardines work for coyotes?

I would stay away from sardines unless you want to catch coons, get yourself a good mouse bait or use the afterborth for your bait, thats what the yotes want anyways.

as for the tire set, if ya set it up by the article you should do fine with with. also, if ya can find the trails that the yotes are using to get into the pasture you can hang snares in those and take the yotes before they get to the cows.

Can you give some bait ideas, I'm using Kishels triple diggit and coyote getter with no cath yet just one coon. I used a dead rabbit and they got away with it and the trap was still set.

hi wire your rabbit to something so they will harder to get it and spend more time around your traps . try Minnesota Trapline Products . Caven's Baits Hiawatha Valley Minnesota V Predator B. Just Mice. i have had great luck on Hiawatha Valley and good luck on the other 2. hope this helps.

Hey thanks for the info, our trapping season is over in Michigan March 1st so I don't have much time left. I've had my first 4 traps out for a few weeks now and have been robbed and had a trap pulled out, caught a coon and no yotes. Down to three but I will have a [beeep] pot full next year. I started small and I love this stuff, I need to take next year off work. Prob. the only guy in Mich. thats wants to get laid off! Thanks for the help!

Ok its on I had a trap go off and nothing but grass. I dragged in three large chicken legs on strings then set them tied to branches over head the traps. Is this common practice to tie bait in the air over traps? I have three sets. Also will 11/2" traps hold a coyote or stick with 2s?

go with the number 2's a 1 1/2 traps will hold a few coyotes. if they r strong traps. i have some 1 1/2 victors i replace the springs with #2 music springs now they r strong traps. get the 2's.

Will #2 dukes hold them? perhaps. Will MB550's and 650's hold them? Absolutely, without a doubt. If you're gonna target coyotes, go with at least a 550, preferably a 650. They're coyote traps deluxe. I'd use a dirthole if possible, and hiawatha valley bait in the hole, as has already been suggested. They'll be coyote magnets.

Thanks for the feed back, How much do those run per. I'm new at this but can't get enough. I am using Kishels Coyote getter and no coyotes maybe I should switch. Thanks!

can`t go wrong w/MB TRAPS. NO ADJUSTMENT,BOIL, DYE, WAX, & SET. also, Hiawatha valley is IMHO, one of the BEST coyote baits out there! i`ve caught over 200 in 2 yrs, and use it ALOT!! also, his gland lures are really good. i like yodel dog & canine force. also try steppenwolf & cat-man-do, by Milligan Brand lures. the cat-man-do is primarily a bobcat lure, but coyotes can`t seem to leave it alone.

Hey thats great info and will deff. check them out, I've been hanging chicken legs overhead of the trap and that was got my first two yotes that pulled my traps!!! Now I have the chicken and cables ready. Trapping nuecense yotes for a cattle farmer this week, his cows are calving and it gets pretty hairy from what I hear.

Back