Any good loads for a 223 ar-15 with 60 gr v-maxs???

BHLBAMA

I know a lot of people dont like putting loads on here but trust me after i see a load i go to my book and make sure its not even HOT much less dangerous so with that being said.

I have a lot of powders all IMR or Hodgon and one Alliant being RL-7

I would like to use Varget, RL-7, or IMR 3031 with the 60 gr v-maxs please tell me anybody who has got in the .75 area loads and youll be greatly appreciated

AND I AM USING CCI SMALL RIFLE MAG PRIMERS AND THE UPPER IS A BUSHY

Quote:
I know a lot of people dont like putting loads on here but trust me after i see a load i go to my book and make sure its not even HOT much less dangerous so with that being said.

I would like to use Varget, RL-7, or IMR 3031 with the 60 gr v-maxs please tell me anybody who has got in the .75 area loads and youll be greatly appreciated

Go here...

http://data.hodgdon.com/main_menu.asp

and follow the instructions - they have plenty of loads for the 223/w 60gr bullets.

I am using LC 07 brass, 25.4 gr of H4895 with a Rem. 7 1/2 primer. I am consistantly shooting 3/4" 5 shot groups with my RRA predator pursuit. Here is the disclaimer though. I am not responsible for anyone using this load.

Hodgdon's load map for the 223 Rem AR-15 calls for 23.4 to 25.0 grains of Benchmark with a 60 grain bullet. My best was with 24.6 grains of Benchmark, 60 grain V-Max, CCI BR-4 primer, fire-formed neck sized Win or LC brass, COAL of 2.260, 3085 fps from a 24 in stainless bull barrel. Depending on conditions, and how well I'm shooting at the time, I get .175 to .375 5 shot groups at 100 meters. The same load done with the FL sizer averages around .500, with some of the best groups around .300 from my RRA Varminter. I had some .500 groups with Varget but I didn't like dealing with the compressed loads.

Very hard to beat Benchmark. GOOD STUFF....
My Rock River PP will shoot 5 shot clover leaf groups with 24.1 Grns of Benchmark CCI-400 primers LC Brass.

Mike

Quote:
Quote:

Go here...

http://data.hodgdon.com/main_menu.asp

and follow the instructions - they have plenty of loads for the 223/w 60gr bullets.

i started using this site years ago and they have a lot of loads that i have probably 10 different reloading books and a member of loaddata.com but i was curious if ANYONE PERSON who had about the same setup had already went through all those load tests and could give me a little more useful FASTER data. thanks

thanks fellows Ill try the varget since i have a 8lb keg of it then may experiment with my BM a little but i dont have near as much of it so I may need to get a keg of it too if you are all getting those results. thanks fellows anyone else else have any useful info let me know and yes i know I AM responisble for any load i put in my rifle not one i didnt research and took some "billy bob's" advice. I like hear good loads using a AR with these 60 gr vmax bullets thanks

You can try 24.2 of Varget with the 60grain, we've found that load to shoot less than .5 inch groups. I Have shot 26.5 of BLC-2 and 60s with CCI450 primers and shot inch groups and its fast ( according the book ) But its a max load I wouldn't load it any hotter. The 24.2 or varget is loaded with federal 7 1/2 primers.....

My stepdad has no luck getting groups with Benchmark out of his AR or his friends .223 bolt action.

Here is what my DTech 24" SUM AR with 24" barrel will do with 24.3 grains of benchmark, 60gr Vmax and a Rem 7 1/2 primer. OAL set to magazine maximum. That's a 10 shot group at 100 meters. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

10shotgroup.jpg

...yeah, I know, I missed the dime. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif How else could I show you my group size? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

nice group doc I always load to max mag length too. appreciate the load data from you and derag thanks keep em coming fellows NO RL-7 good loads?????

Back