More hunt action pics.

Byron South

This past week my good friend Ed from EOTech came down to hunt and film with me. He brought two of his good friends along as well (Scott and Roric). Great guys and a lot of fun to hunt with. Not sure what the total talley was but we killed several hogs and coyotes.

Ed also brought some night vision and thermal imageing sights. These thing are way cool. I'll share photo's from this in a seperate post.

On the stand in which these photos we taken we called in four coyotes. I really had high hopes for this stand but after about 15 minutes and no customers I was beginning to think about moving. Then all of a sudden it was like they let the gate open.

We killed 2 out of the four which ain't bad for as hard as they came (one from the back door.

You can see the FOXPRO Fury in the tree above the coyote.

1-5.jpg

2-8.jpg

3-8.jpg

4-8.jpg

5-6.jpg

6-6.jpg

7-6.jpg

8-7.jpg

9-6.jpg

The shot was at about 15 yards. He was hit good but still ran a little before pilling up.

Stay tuned. More to come.

Last edited:
Nunber two came in and went to the left. Got the kill on film but it was through some tree branches. The pictures were not that clear so you'll have to wait for the video to see it. These are pictures of the third coyote. He came hard and I was unable to get him to stop but for just a millisecond before he put the afterburners on and retreated.

11-4.jpg

DSC01949.jpg

Lot's of fun.

Hope you guys enjoy the pictures. Look for the thermal imageing post it is way cool.

Good Hunting, and God Bless,

Byron

Those last 2 photos are "Front Cover" Material!
Bet we end up seeing them on the intro to a hunting DVD sometime in the future.
Rick H...

Byron, the coyote running under the caller and trying to figure out where the rabbit was is quite humorous. Looks like someone barked to stop him at that point. Great pictures.

COUGHT YOU AGAIN! YOUR HUNTING ON MY HOME PLANET BYRON!

Busted.jpg

All jokes aside, COOL PICTURES! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

TinT

Thanks Byron for putting this post on,

What an outstanding week of hunting, I am convinced that if there is a predator within 1 mile of Byron and his Fox Pro call, he will coax them in and make them a star. We were using EOTech sights backed by a 3X magnifier, with this combo it made it almost imposable not to put them down, I say ALMOST because I had a clean miss on a bobcat, what can I say my heart was trying to beat out of my chest and go run down the cat on its own. After being down in Texas for the week and watching Byron at work I have picked up a few new tricks that I will be trying out on the Oregon critters.

Welcome to PM Roric. I have that same setup on my calling rig and have the same "how can i possibly miss" feeling about it. I get an occaisional reality check too. Like my buddy tells me, "It ain't the song Jim, it's the singer". The 512 in front of the 3X magnifier seems to me to be the almost perfect predator rifle setup. I'm very happy with mine.

Thanks Jim, I am very happy with my set up also, it is hard to believe that I used a scope for years, now I don’t have to hunt for the critter with the scope only to find that all I can see is a patch of fur.

Back