Show me your skinning knives

Quote:
Havalon knives sold by allpredatorcalls.com

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif bought one for my dad for christmas...he does a lot of trapping and loved the Havalon knife for skinning!

+1 for the Havalon knife. It is the handiest and sharpest thing I have found. Levi do you use the blunt tip or sharp tip?

Quote:
Bulletbob, that is really nice work!! What type steel did you use? You could make a living making knives!!!

Thanks Beretta. It's 8A stainless. After making and selling about seventy-five knives, I realized I didn't want to make a living making knives. Probably less profitable than being a gunsmith!

DSCN0852.jpg

Last edited:
Just got these, sent off the handle material and had them made on his pattern blades (D2), Haven't had a chance to use 'em yet.

AmboynaSkinners-1.jpg

I found a little Boker a couple of years ago that is really slick.

Pics here

This thing is really small for a fixed blade. Its right at 4 3/4" total length. Very easy to carry in fanny pack or coat pocket.

+1 on the Knives of Alaska Muskrat. Ditto on their Alpha Wolf model. D2 is a PITA to sharpen, but it holds pretty well. Just wish it had a little more stain resistance.

Back