Just can't believe it.......................

Quote:
the urgency wasn't to sign it, it was to get it passed before too many people figured out what's in it & just how bad it really is.

Right, that was the REAL urgency in the minds of our nobles in Congress and the White House, however, Obama was running around duping the populace into believing the sky would fall without it. Once it passed, all urgency mysteriously evaporated. Now, we can take a long weekend for Valentine's Day, dinner in Chicago, and a trip to Denver. I've seen many times when legislation was passed and immediately rushed to the President's desk for a signature and implementation. It DIDN'T happen this time, irrespective of Obama's hype.
It's all a manufactured crisis designed to usurp power.

Here's further evidence:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123457303244386495.html

Makes you wonder what would happen if the country was attacked on a "Federal Holiday"? I suppose we would wait to do anything until the next average work day. I bet the Military Services don't take today off from protecting us and our allies do they? So why does the Commander-in-Chief get it off?

This must not be a real urgent economic situation then.

This should be a wake up call to the average american that these so called holidays are far too many! Columbus Day..really, does anyone here really believe that this guy was a great man or something? Veterans day off... even if you are not a veteran??? I do believe in honoring veterans with the day off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif, just not those who wouldn't, didn't or haven't served. Me included. Labor day...What is the point of this holiday? MLK Day off even if you aren't a minority that lived though the civil rights struggles of the previous century? President's day??? What? Isn't Jan 20 presidents day every four years? Wasted work day for the "servants of the citizens"!

I'd like to thank the US politicians for screwing us over. Now please LEAVE! None of these people deserve to be called Americans after this.
Even the so called opponents of the "stimulus" won't take the podium and ridicule with the absolute coursest and angriest rhetoric know to man because they don't really want to help the country. Name the names front and center Pelosi, Reed, and the rest of these chicken hawk losers. The leaders won't take the lead to enrage the populus of this BS about to be dumped on America. They just want to keep their psuedo job. Cowards, all of them! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif
I don't think I would Urin___ on any of them if they were on fire!

Partisanship, HAH, more like enslavement!

KH

foden20090215Capitalism%20%2020090214103017.jpg

Why did Barack Obama wait?
Posted by: Dwayne Horner at 1:26 PM
--

Yesterday, I wrote about the question of Why Barack Obama waited three days to sign a bill he told the American people MUST get passed or it would be "devastating" to our country, a "catastrophe" if not done.

Byron York picks up on that today for dcexaminer.com:

"Then, late Friday, after House and Senate Democratic leaders moved heaven and earth to pass it, the bill was ready for the president’s signature. And did President Obama sign it rather quickly? Not at all.

He also chose not to sign it on Saturday. And not to sign it on Sunday. And he chose not to sign it on Monday. Only on Tuesday, with a big campaign-style event in Denver, would the president finally be ready to put his signature on the bill.

He signs non-emergency legislation in the blink of an eye. And he lets emergency legislation sit for days before lifting his pen."

We were told by The One that the Democrats weren't ramming this down the throats of Republicans, but reality is they gave them a bill no one could read and forced them to vote on it. Shouldn't that be criminal, that an elected official isn't given enough time to read before voting on something? Especially when you consider Obama wouldn't sign it for three more days!

"Obama’s delay in signing the stimulus is particularly ironic in light of the fact that Republicans had begged that the public be given more time to learn what was in the $787 billion bill — before it was passed," writes York.

Another critical aspect of this was Obama's campaign promise that all bills would be viewable only before voting saying “too often bills are rushed through Congress and to the president before the public has the opportunity to review them.” That didn't take place in this case and that is just another broken promise.

York Continues, “Sunlight Before Signing” faded into darkness with the first bill that came across Obama’s desk. The new president signed the Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act two days after it was passed by Congress — and without posting it on the White House Web site.

Then he signed the second bill of his administration, an update of the State Children’s Health Insurance Program, within hours after Congress passed it.

Both signatures clearly violated Obama’s campaign promise"

It would be nice to see MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, or NBC news ask this same very legitmate question. Their inaction only fosters the public's view that they are solidly left of center and don't offer a fair and balanced approach that FOX News does. Shame on them.

Change is what we were promised, and it is certainly NOT what we are getting. And you wonder why voters are cynical about politicians ... especially when they are quicker to break a promise than to keep one.
---

Federal holiday. Uh, huh...Good one Rimmy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

The change we received was having the opposition party (Republicans) totally locked out of committee in finalizing the bill. The Dems idea of bipartisanship is Republicans rolling over. If the Republicans won't roll, the door gets locked, power is seized, and the American people are subjected to radical leftist, one-party rule.

Roughly 93 hours passed between Friday evening's vote and today's signing, yet we were told it was an emergency and refused the opportunity to examine the poison pill thrust down our throats. Saul Alinsky, Obama's mentor, would be very proud.

Saul Alinsky from Rules for Radicals:
"There's another reason for working inside the system. Dostoevski said that taking a new step is what people fear most. Any revolutionary change must be preceded by a passive, affirmative, non-challenging attitude toward change among the mass of our people. They must feel so frustrated, so defeated, so lost, so futureless in the prevailing system that they are willing to let go of the past and change the future. This acceptance is the reformation essential to any revolution."

Back