Reasonably priced AR Mounts that are available

Rick James

I've seen a lot of pics of AR's that are not using extended type expensive AR scope mounts, and just curious what exactly you guys are using. $$$ is a bit tight right now, and I'd like to have something that I can use for the short term until I can get ahold of something better (like the Larue mounts).

What are you guys using? My only requirements are that they are less than $50, and something I can actually get my hands on.

Burris just came out with a new mount also, Its a little more than 50 bucks but its a good looking mount and would save you from having to lay out more cash later on.

Quote:
Burris just came out with a new mount also, Its a little more than 50 bucks but its a good looking mount and would save you from having to lay out more cash later on.

I really like those mounts, but I can't find anyone that actually has them in stock? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I'll look into the model one mounts, any other suggestions keep them coming. Thanks!

I have just what you need: Millet AR15 mounts. They are designed for rails and are the perfect hight. I paid $25 at a local gun shop. The $100 mounts may be better but I could not see it.
The link (that did not link) looks like the ones I got several years ago. Hope it helps.

www.tjgeneralstore.com

I bought the "AR Flat Top One Piece Ring Mount Picatinny Weaver Rail" on ebay and put it on my flatop. Buy Now: $19.99, and it works great.

I just recieved a one peice AR mount from Rock River Arms.
right at $50/
Works great. Took 3-4 weeks to get but its as good as most others I have seen.

They don't get a lot of reviews (for some reason) but I have the B-Square mounts on 3 ARs and they do an excellent job.

I went with the Burris Super High Rings. They are very strong. And will not break the bank. Tom.

IMG_0507.jpg

Quote:
They don't get a lot of reviews (for some reason) but I have the B-Square mounts on 3 ARs and they do an excellent job.

I have 2 sets of the B-Squares and no complaints. Cabela's list them as a stock item but every time I went into the store they are out. May have to order on line for in store pickup.
OR
Start with the EOP (Elevated Optics Platform), pretty much stock rings from there.
Rick H...

I just put a Zeiss on my 204 upper and need a little more eye relief so I went with one of these.

GG&G GS1 rail

Hopefully I'll get it next week so I can go out and play with the whistle pigs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Keep watching the e-net sights for a used one. I always see something like this for sale. I just bought 2 sets of burris xtr rings and i think i paid 35 bucks a set. Do some leg work and you will find!! Lee

This set up is a quick way to get started and it dosn't cost much. A set of Leupold see-thru rings from Wally World for about $17. They can give you a small offset if you need it and they are just about 1.6" high.

354275571.jpg

That's a Simmons Whitetail 6.5-20 x 50 on top.

Scott

Thanks guys, I decided to order the new Burris AR - P.E.P.R mount and wait till they start shipping. Since this will be a dedicated hunting rig, I don't really care if the glass comes off. Figured instead of dropping the $$$ on the Larue mount, I'll buy this one and put the extra $$ into better glass. Plans are to put a Monarch 4-16 x 42SF with the mildot reticle on top.

Last edited:
Rick,

How about giving us a review of the Burris mount? There are alot of us looking for a good inexpensive AR-15 mount.

Jim

I also ordered the Burris P.E.R.P. mount, but it is on back order for a few weeks yet. I can't wait to get it. It sure looks sweet, and being a Burris I can't imagine that it won't be an awesome mount!

Last edited:
Back