Tried something new

Loudmouth

I set out two callers tonight with different sound cards. I had a flicker on one and a woodpecker on the other. Called up a 2 coons 2 house cats and a gray fox. I have to admit, Phantom caller and the Praymaster caller has one feature we don't. Never saw a point in it do to the fact I could always mix the sounds. But what sounds to mix? This will be my new way of testing dual sounds on the Loudmouth.

Dual sound chips are nice. I have been in the field and seen first hand the flexibility to play two sounds simultaneously (and the results) and mix and match on the fly and I have always been convinced that it has its merits. With 16 (or more) sounds available on most of the nicer E-calls, that makes for an unlimited variety of unique combinations that can be played on any stand. One that seems to work well in our area is to mix a little crow calling with a rabbit distress. It gets those Yotes on the move so they don’t lose the meal to a nasty old bird. Since they are not premixed you can start each of them individually as needed to make it more realistic and slightly different each time.

great going Wayne i mix crow sound's with my call's get's thing stured up. i will be using the tech pro 8 sound with deer sound's and playing different sound's on the new lodmouth for cougar's this weekend. trying to get them motovated to come in. will be using decoy's to for a little movement. Rick

Just mixed a baby Jackrabbit with a flicker. Called up and shot 2 reds. Will post pictures when I get them developed.
Yea Yea I know, we don't have Jackrabbits here in PA. Doesn't matter, Just because the meal is not normally on the menu, it doesn't mean Mr. Fox is going to turn it down.

Hey Mike,
Night. Have had very little luck calling coon during the day. Have called coons on dark dreary rainy days, and during the day at a den site. Called a pair of coons once on an exceptionally warm day in January. Hard freeze went into a warm spell.

Back