couple of safe Maine coyotes on trail camera

Cutleryotehunter

The bucks have lost their antlers so I decided to try and get some yotes on the trail camera. I set this camera on a beaver flow age where I have been seeing yote tracks, I didn't use any bait just a natural crossing. Area is full of Hare sign probably what they were chasing.

cdy0002wc8.jpg

cdy0001eh0.jpg

Thanks guys,I was just messing around with the cameras. I just got them in November and wanted to see what I could get pics of instead of just deer. I do hunt these buggers but the woods here are very thick and open places are few and fare between. I do get luck and kill one from time to time, but I think next season I am going to get back into trapping. It seemed to be more product for me(more kills) then calling. With the snow we got this year I feel they are having their fill on the deer. Snow is fairly deep and very crusty, the yotes run along the top as the deer bust through.

Plus I'm getting some beagles for next season and the darn yotes are cleaning up on them too. I haven't owned beagles in about 7 years because after my last 3 finally passed away the Hare population was down too. It seems to be back up around here now, but I keep finding places where yotes have killed them.

Last edited:
Nice pictures, now get out there and put the hammer to some of those yotes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif If you have a deer yard close by, iam sure they are giving the deer a hard time too.Those are some big yotes, are you in northern Maine?

Last edited:
Quote:
Nice pictures, now get out there and put the hammer to some of those yotes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif If you have a deer yard close by, iam sure they are giving the deer a hard time too.Those are some big yotes, are you in northern Maine?

I'm in Washington county "Downeasta", and I do shoot them from time to time by calling but I have been more successful at trapping them.

Maine stops trapping at dec.31 correct? Thats stupid on their part, because after december is when you could take more yotes trapping near the deer yards.And that would help the deer population rebound also.

Back