Good Books for Trapping?

TerryT

What's some good books for someone to get to learn more about trapping Bobcats and Fox.

What's your best Bobcat Book?

What's your best Red/Grey Fox Book?

theres a bunch of them out there, and you'll get a different answer form everyone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif, but to help ya out, I'll list a few that I know of. sorry I don't trap cats, so I can't help you with that one.

Carman's foxes by the 100
leget's K9 book
Canine 2000
trapping the brushwolf, yea its a yote book but the concepts are the same for foxes;
any of Charlie Dobbins' books are great.

as for cat books
JC Conners bobcat book would be good
Carl Jones bobcat book
Slm Penderson's books

these should get you headed in the right direction /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

that will get headed in the right direction /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif.

hi there r a bunch out there. Randy Milligan as some good ones. Fox trapping across america. On the prowl for bobcats Coyote Fever . 2 of the best dvds i have seen was Matt Jones Hardcore cat and coyote trapping . and Mark June Coyote trapping with Mark J.

Thanks guys, that will get me started. I've caught a few cats and just wanted something to read during the off season to learn more. I've had traps dug up and flipped and have pictures of grey and red fox on deer cameras. I never caught one, so I wanted to learn more about trapping them also. Thanks you for your help to get me started in the right direction.

Thanks a bunch for looking that up for me! Might not mean much to anyone else but sure does to me....I'll get me a copy for sure now!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I just saw that Stanley Hawbaker's "Trapping North American Furbearers" is offered in the Southeastern outdoor supplies catalog for 9.50. It is a newer print of the one I have and I like it. Its too bad that we can't trap ( like I know how ) in Washington ST. anymore, used to do alot of coyote and bobcat trapping with my Dad in the early 70's. Hope this helps
John

I just finished reading Tom Krause's "Dynamite Bobcat Trapping & Snaring" Book. Basically the only book I could find with little bit of info on cage trapping cats. It's a pretty good one. Now I'm reading Mel Hershberger's "Bobcat Trapping - The Professinal System". Seems pretty good too. Just get on F&T's website, they got a page with 8 or 10 books on nothing but bobcat trapping.

Back