Don't Shoot Your MOJO

guess

Byron, Rod Haydel and John {from Remington} came by and we made a few stands this evening. Here is one of the takers and also what happens when a 64 gr. 223 hits your Mojo! It went through and still hit the cat. Had a good trail for about 100 yards into a major briar thicket. I was crawling on my belly when I finally lost the trail. May go back with a dog Tomorrow. Don't shoot your MOJO!
normal_bobcat2_2-4-09.jpg

normal_mojo_critter_shot_with_64_gr_223.jpg

I just wanna know who the crackshot was? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Best of luck finding the cat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Just cut that piece of shaft flush and mount it on the wall.

The part missing from your story is precisely who took the shot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I hope you find the cat. If he quit blleding, I have my doubts, though.

John From remington took the shot. I told him if he hit my decoy he owed me an R15! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif The cat could have very well still been bleeding. It was so thick in the it was getting hard to tell if I was bloodtrailing him or me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

You didn't purchase the optional MOJO insurance? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif LOL---Keep us informed on whether John comes through with the R-15 he owes you now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
Tony

To funny. Hope you got it on film. Bet MOJO would like to see that. I had a whirling woodpecker get in the way once.

Nice pic of the cat. At least you haven't lost your MOJO ...we all know what happens when you do that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Good luck on finding the cat with your dog.

Man, that's some bad mojo, but pretty funny actually. It appears that a .243 is gun enough for DRT on Mojo Decoys though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Yes I did catch the whole thing in HD video. Here are some picture lifted off the footage. In one picture you can see the top of the decoy flying. It went about 12 feet up. My video camera was at a higher angle and to the left of John's rifle. Things like this just don't happen very often. Glad I caught it on video.

mc3.jpg

mc4.jpg

mc6.jpg

mc7.jpg

mc9.jpg

mc10.jpg

Later on I got footage of Rod shooting a coon in self defense. This coon came around a cedar and was point blank and pizzed. We were calling for a bobcat and when he came around the corner on our blind side, reared up and began snarling and growling we thought we were got. When I get some more time I'll post some pictures of that.

Fun stuff,

Byron

Last edited:
hope you find that cat.
i shot one, one time and followed the blood trail through thick briar patch and on through some high grass, only to almost placing my foot a couple inches from his back with my next step as he let out a [beeep] of a growl, as i instantly jumped backwards about 10ft. yep i left the gun at the stand, and i was just few feet away as he was growling and i figured was just about ready to pounce!

I holler back to my 10 yr old hunting partner to run back and get my gun, just as he gets back... the bobcat burst right in between us to some thick woods. never did find him, but learned i will never go after a cat without a gun.

Back