How long are your batteries lasting???

3dbowmaster

How long does the batteries last in some of the Fox Pros with remote and the Western River Nite Stalker???

My nite stalker is going to break me up!!!!!!!!!It doesn't seem like I'm getting maybe 45 minutes, maybe a little longer.. I'm thinking about taking it back and getting a FP if the batteries last longer... Maybe even a PreyMaster..

Whats the best remote caller with the best battery life???

Are you using regular batteries or rechageables?

In my Scorpion and my Fx-5 I would notice that regular AA batteries really started to depelete fast in the cold. I mean real fast.

When I switched to rechargeables they last all day and then some. I say all day. The most stands I make a day is 8. With them being 20 minutes in length.

Best of luck

Id say your best bet would to be go Foxpro. I may be a little biased so I will add Minaska in there as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Are you using regular batteries or rechageables?

In my Scorpion and my Fx-5 I would notice that regular AA batteries really started to depelete fast in the cold. I mean real fast.

When I switched to rechargeables they last all day and then some. I say all day. The most stands I make a day is 8. With them being 20 minutes in length.

Best of luck

Id say your best bet would to be go Foxpro. I may be a little biased so I will add Minaska in there as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I'm using reagular AA Duracells.... Will rechargeables work better??? Does anyone know if I could hook up some other type of battery to it, like a gell cell battery or something??

I have an older Fox-pro 416b with the TX5 Lr remote and I have not replaced the batteries since mid September. Since then I have probably have 20 hunting trips, granted some have been half days, but I don't run the call continuously. Most of the time I run it for 2 minutes on, 5 minutes with the volume turned down to a minimum and then turn it back up again. Stands are from 20 to 30 minutes and anywhere form five to six stands per day.

Quote:
How long do your batteries last in your FoxPro???

Was this to me?

If so. The recharheables easily last a 10-20 degree day of calling without losing any volume power

The off brand rechargeable batteries that came with my Foxpro charger kit were crap. Basically, you pay big bucks for the kit to get the charger and have to buy more batteries to get the thing to work more than 20 minutes.

Quote:
I have an older Fox-pro 416b with the TX5 Lr remote and I have not replaced the batteries since mid September. Since then I have probably have 20 hunting trips, granted some have been half days, but I don't run the call continuously. Most of the time I run it for 2 minutes on, 5 minutes with the volume turned down to a minimum and then turn it back up again. Stands are from 20 to 30 minutes and anywhere form five to six stands per day.

i would have to agree running i havent changed batteries in mine so far this year with maybe 30 set ups on my old antique 416b i knew there was a reason that i still used this old outdated caller /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Ron

Quote:
I use Sanyo Enloops

Those are very good, and I got them cheap in a kit w/charger at Costco. They've paid for themselves twice, minimum.

Not sure even what brand of rechargeable batteries are in my old Foxpro 416B. Only opened it up once since I bought it about a year ago from "ganzaga" here on PM. Have never had an issue with it staying charged, and have used it on several all day hunts and it keeps going strong. Every now and then, I'll turn it on very low volume and let it run the batteries all the way down and then recharge so the batteries don't aquire a short cycle memory pattern as rechargeables can.
Tony

Quote:
The off brand rechargeable batteries that came with my Foxpro charger kit were crap. Basically, you pay big bucks for the kit to get the charger and have to buy more batteries to get the thing to work more than 20 minutes.

I have 2 sets of those cheap crap batteries you get from foxpro and they last me all day and then some . My temps are rarely below freezing though.

Quote I'm using reagular AA Duracells.... Will rechargeables work better??? Does anyone know if I could hook up some other type of battery to it, like a gell cell battery or something??

When I bought my foxpro i was using regular batteries and they died so quick that the thing was almost useless. I got a charger and rechargables from fox pro and they are incredable. I know that you do not have to run them dead before you recharge them but it is a habit and I still do it once in a while. The darn thing will run for over 8hrs on a sound with lots of action and half volume(for gosh sake put it in a seperate building for your sanity).
I also went to The Sourse(your Radio Shack) and for a aprox 2 dollars you can get the little battery holder that holds the battries I have an extra set of rechargables in case you forgot to turn the foxpro off last time you used it.
Jim

I use rechargable AA's in my WT. they have lasted all day and then some in -15 temps. They take about 15-30 minutes to recharge doing four at a time. If my charger could hold ten batteries then it would only take 15 minutes..

I use Energizer AA rechargeables in my scorpion. They are 2500 mAh and have lasted at least 4 1/2 hrs of run time in single digit weather. They outlasted me in those temps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back