FoxPro Sound Issues????????

slugger

Just got my new FoxPro 416B w/Remote today!!! Beautiful unit! Here is a list of the sounds I got installed:

R106 - Coyote Distress
R107 - Coyote Pup Distress
R100 - Female Interrogation Howl
R101 - Male Interrogation Howl
R102 - Challenge Howl #1
R103 - Challenge Howl #2
R104 - Female Invitation Howl
R105 - Female Whimpers
R108 - Cottontail Distress
238 - Rabbit Distress #2
R110 - Jackrabbit Distress
233 - Jackrabbit Distress
251 - Antelope Fawn Distress
247 - Prairie Dog Distress
249 - Rodent Distress
291 - Woodpecker Distress

However in sound: R100 - Female Interrogation Howl (2nd howl) there is some distortion at 1/2 of the callers volume. It is not present in the other howls on the same sound. This can also be heard at lower volumes on the caller. Is this normal for this particular sound?

There is also some distortion on the R102 - Challenge Howl #1 sound on the top end. This can also be heard at lower volumes on the caller. Is this normal?

On sound R103 - Challenge Howl #2 and R104 - Female Invitation Howl there sounds like an echo of some kind. Again, this can be heard at all volumes. Is this normal?

Sound 251 - Antelope Fawn Distress sounds like its recorded in a tin can. Doesn't really sound at all like on the web page. Is this normal?

All of the issues are on the Randy Anderson sounds which I couldn't preview, other than the Antelope. My question is this the way they are meant to sound, or do I need to get these re-done. I have verified that all of the other functionality of the unit is there, its just that these sounds don't sound of the same quality as I think they are supposed to.

I would post the sounds on here, but I don't want to infringe on FoxPro's ownership of the sounds and just make them "available" to everyone.

Might I suggest giving Mike dillon a call and ask him your questions . And yes, the antelope fawn does sound like it was recorded in a bathtub. Another suggestion, turn the caller on and stand a hundred yards away and see how much it really matters.

Thanks Guys! I just didn't want to bother Mike if that is the way they are supposed to sound. I took the caller out and you can still here the problem in the female howl from 200+ yards away. My wife even noticed it. Its not so much that the sound wouldn't work, its just that I might not have 100% confidence that it would work and thus do something on my side to make it not work, if that makes any sense.. I'll give Mike a call tomorrow.

The host of lousy sounds is the only downside to the FP. It's a great caller in all other respects, light,handy,loud and good remote. The upshot is, you can easily change out the crappy sounds, for better sounds of your choosing. Who knows, maybe they will work on the sound library, and offer some better quality sounds, then they will have a well rounded package.

Chili,

I must disagree with you on the quality of sounds being hosted by FoxPro. I've listened to all of the Western Rivers and the FoxPro sounds are of a better quality in my opinion, hands down.

I also talked with Mike Dillon today on the phone and the issue is a capacitor on my unit that is bad. He was able to diagnose this over the phone listening to the bad call in question. He said to ship the unit back to him and he will get it fixed ASAP and will return the unit back to me with a full refund of the shipping costs and also include a re-programming certificate for my troubles. What more could I ask for? I would not even consider purchasing anything other than a FoxPro based on the 10 minutes I was on the phone with Mike.

To whom it may concern: , Those Crappy sounds have been calling coyotes to my rifle for years now . several hundred as a matter of fact .I all but quit posting pictures and hunt reports due to the fact that every time i posted anything about the fox pro i got alot of heat for it . Some started calling me MR . Fox Pro( Im kinda proud of that) .Now there are so many more callers passionate about this caller due to the quality , results and customer service, i dont need to say anyting anymore. Fall is a comin , every coyote i call in with the fox pro will be posted on this and every other site i visit . I guess we will see just how crappy those sounds are . My calling buddies and i all use fox pro callers , between the five of us we harvest 50 to 60 (each) a year , and some more( close to 100) , depends on how much we manage to get out . Crappy sounds? I think not . I have used the other callers . FOX PRO IS THE BEST hands down . I have never seen one user of the other so called Best callers ever post pictures of large numbers of coyotes ( or anything else) that were called in with these superior units. Nuff said . Proofs in the puddin .Ill be making up a batch real soon . Jerry .

Jerry Amen to what you said!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ....Go Foxpro.................................. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I received my new 532 last week and I am disappointed in several of the sounds too! The antelope fawn sound is horrible......doesn't sound anything like the clip on their webpage! I am also getting some distortion on the #213 female invitation howl.....the "aggressive jackrabbit #234 also sounds different than the clip on the website. The mute button doesn't always work.....sometimes I have to press it several times to get it to work.

They said the unit has a 30 day money back guarantee and I plan to use it a few more times before I decide whether to send it back or not.....

Maybe I need to call Mike Dillon and ask him if mine is bad too???

check it out and then give Mike a call he will take care of the problem for you.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

slugger,
It could be a problem with the original recording, or it could be that the problem sound was distorted by volume being turned too high on power source when said sound was loaded onto your foxpro. Call the folks at foxpro and talk to them about it. What ever the problem is, the Dillon's will help you fix it.

Rich,

Its a done deal. I talked with Mike and he listened to the sound. He says there is a problem with my unit and I'll be returning it. All is well...

I hear ya Huntin....when you shell out the bucks for a 532, you don't really want to pay to have a call that plays a recording of someone imitating a rabbit....you want to hear the actual recording of the rabbit!
I have the 416, and there are a couple of great sounds, they did add a new jackrabbit, that is indeed a recording of the rabbit, not a mouth caller. The praire dog seems ok as well as the bird sounds, most others are lacking. It is a great little caller in all other respects, I love it, just wish they put as much quality into the sounds as they did the caller.

I just got back from some testing on the unit. I couldn't resist the temptation prior to shipping the unit back for fixes. I called in only one location and within 10 minutes of a combination of howls (INCLUDING ONE OF THE ABOVE THAT I HAD QUESTIONS ABOUT!!!!) and rabbit distress, I had 2 coyotes at about 100 yards. However, the field I was hunting in is also inhabited by Llamas. Llamas and coyotes don't get along and the Llamas chased the coyotes out of the county before I could get a shot.

Even with the "crappy" sounds this thing works!

As far as the sounds being "imitations" or people calling the sounds versus the actual animal. I would LOVE to be able to haul Randy Anderson around in my back pocket to do my calling. I think I would do pretty good.

I'm now regretting this post as it is bringing negative remarks and that was NOT my intention. I had a sound that sounded WAY BEYOND WEIRD OR IMITATED and since it was a Randy Anderson sound I could not preview it from the site and was just asking a question as to if this was possibly normal for those sounds. My sounds are not of the best quality because of a PROBLEM WITH THE UNIT! I have talked with Mike about this and he is going to fix my unit and compensate me for my troubles and refund my shipping! That is first class, no thats a hero! You won't find that service anywhere but FoxPro!

Yes Mike is a straight shooter and just a great person to deal with.....thats why I have my second FoxPro....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hi Chile Rijo,

98% of our sounds are the actual animal in distress. The only distress sounds that are man made are 236(jackrabbit squall), 256(deer distress), and 234(aggressive jackrabbit). We could have eliminated those sounds from our library, but there have been too many success stories using those sounds. I do not like the way some of these sounds are, but I guess the coyote is the true judge, and not me. Some of the above sounds are the "go to" sounds for some people. The jackrabbit squall was recorded by George Brindt of Advanced Decoy. The deer distress was recorded by Bill Austin( a champion caller), and the aggressive jackrabbit was recorded by Ernie Current(another champion caller). All other distress sounds are the actual animal. The antelope distress is one that we actually put out too early. It has called coyotes in, but it was recorded indoors, which caused the echo. I will be working on that sound some more to get rid of the echo. Anyone that has that on their caller now can send it in later after I "clean" up the sound some, and we will reprogram it at no charge. We take great pride in our library of sounds, and it will continue to grow. If I can be of further assistance, feel free to call me. Thanks!

Mike Dillon

FOXPRO Systems
"The Caller of the Wild"

The True Leader.

Back