After School Activities Fury style

SANDHILLER223

Hope this works first time trying to post pictures.
Perfect afternoon, temps right around 40 and hardly a breath of wind. Bus drops the kids off from school at around 4:00 p.m. Would have time for one good stand before dark. Been a while since the whole family had made a stand. I'm pretty sure after this evening I've got hunting partners for life.
I had decided to go only about a mile from the house. A Big valley with hills and cattle all the way around. Well we park the truck and sure enough a dog busts us. Given the amount of daylight we had left we continued on to our stand location. As I sit down nestled into a yucca I look across the valley only to see a pair setting on the hillside watching us the whole way. I told my son who is setting right beside me that we are busted by 3 dogs and haven't even tried to call. The Mrs. and our daughter are positioned about 100 behind us. I started out the stand with a couple Lone Howls and hardly had the Fury shut down, we had at least 4 dogs howling. I kept watching the 2 dogs that watched us walk-in and I could tell there was no fooling them as they departed. I went into a little Dying Jack on the Fury and at about the 10 min mark I added a little pup distress. It was starting to get pretty tough to see and I told my hunting buddy that we better head to the pick-up. Mr.Coyote shows up 125yds to our left. I was going to have to swing 90deg to be on him. He kept coming to about 80yds where he met a solid 60gr v-max. Spun about 6 times and headed right back the way he came only to be greeted with another v-max and end up in a pile. Needless to say my son was pumped. After we gathered the dog and call and a few photo shots it was back to the house for homework. I can't believe this coyote took a step after the first shot. Perfectly placed shot right behind the front shoulder. They are one tough animal, this is the first dog that I've killed in a longtime that had no sign of mange. My son is already wanting to know when we're going again. I'd hate to guess how many coyotes I've called and shot over the yrs, but nothing is better than having your son right beside you teaching him. Good Hunting to everyone! Wade
CoyoteHunt09004.jpg

CoyoteHunt09002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats on the great hunt with the family. it is a great thing your doing taking the family out hunting .the kids will remember it for the rest of there lives.
congrats again
icebox

That is so cool! I have two adorable daughters, 10 and 13 and they are just now starting to want to go out with me. I am thrilled to see you and your family together! Way cool. Good job dad, on many counts!

Right on! I've got my older two boys started bird hunting and coyotes are going to be right behind. Beats the heck out of what other after school influences are out there.

Quote:
That is my kind of after school activity! Congrats! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

+1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Hey Wade, good job and yes you will have a partner for life now, as song dog calling is an adrenaline filled experience for a little one. All my children love to go and my son eats it up. Congrats and a great photo, good for you and your family. HAPPY HUNTING

thats awsome. im expecting my first child in august and cant till he is old enough to go out with me...this really excites me!! great job to say the least! HAPPY HUNITNG

Wade, Nice pics and a nice dog. Thats gotta be fun having the kids out with you.
We tried to get Eric's son on one the other evening. Too bad he missed, but the yote runs towards us and stops. Then the next shell is a misfrire so Eric takes over the gun cuz Caleb doesn't know why it won't fire and then he missed too!! Lesson learned-everyone misses. That coyote wanted to die but he'll run free til next year.
Take care.

Back