Synthetic stocks for CZ 527's

lookatemgo

I am two weeks into the Police Academy right now and plan on getting myself a CZ in 22 hornet as a "Good for Me" rifle in May when I graduate. It will be my primary calling rifle and I plan on painting it. The thing is, as funny as it may sound, I can't bring myself to paint wood. Does anybody know where a guy can get a synthetic stock for a 527, or if you can at all.

Sure CZ makes a Kevlar varmint stock for the 527's. You can order one from them. You can also order a wood 2nd's stock from Richards Micro-fit for a very reasonable cost, well under a hundred bucks. Here's the link.

http://rifle-stocks.com/

Last edited:
A better solution is to leave it as is.
I'm convinced that camo is alot more important to the hunter than the prey...
IMO CZ's are beautiful rifles, that's half of the attraction of owning one... Also for some reason CZ seems to put better wood on the Hornet's and FireBalls (I think the guy in charge of stocks is a small cal. fan) so why not leave it alone for your buddys to drool over?
Sure it'll get bumped and bruised over the years,, but nowdays they call scratches patina...

JMO,,,

Good luck, and congrats on the graduation...

I will third that motion...

Coyotes care much more about movement and your stand setup then the color of your rifle...The Camo'ed factory rifles are nothing more than a marketing ploy IMO. Don't ruin the value of your rifle just because others do it.. If you like it and want it then do it. But, a camoflauge rifle, is probably the least important factor there is in succesful hunting. In fact its not even a factor.. Thousands of succesful hunters over the last 50yrs will back me up on that one.. Oh, and ghille suits are just plain funny...

lol..nice Avatar Dave!!!!! That coke addict fits right in with his tax-dodging buddies...

I don,t think you need the camo either. What I think they need to do is make a stock with a higher comb. I bought a 527 m1 American to share with my 10 year old daughter. I alway end up looking right into the scope mounts with the factory stock. I found a Boyds stock and fit it to the rifle and cut 2 inches off to fit my daughter. This stock has much less drop and lines my eye up with the scope much better. Unfortunately it is 2 inches too short for me. Does any one know if the Ritchards Micro-fit stocks have higher combs than the factory stocks?

Hey Range,,,,,,,, Another thing that will help is to do the bolt handle exchange with Jim Calhoon (or modify it yourself if ya have the skill, tools and access to a blueing tank) then you can use lower rings which really helps..
The exchange cost 40 bucks back when I did mine, and only took a few days.. It's probably easier and faster than doing it yourself, but some guys like to tinker.. Nothing wrong with that.. Either way,, it's a good modification IMO.

Good Luck

Thanks for the info RePete. I have been Eyeballing the low mounts and the bolt exchange for a while. Glad to hear it works. I like to tinker but don't have the tools to do a good job on this one. I would like to combine a higher comb and the low mounts.

You dont need a new bolt. Take a dremel grinding wheel to the side of the handle so it clears the scope. Cold blue it and you're in business. Works good for me and it was free.

Back