Kick it or keep it?

elkhuntingfool

I have been reloading single stage for quite some time and feel pretty good at what I'm doing. No damage to me or my weapons so I must be doing it correctly.

Anyhow - I recently picked up a Lee 1000 and it's been sitting there collecting dust for a few months. I keep thinking that I want to give it a go, but I always go back to my single stage press and figure that 100 rounds per session - if I'm lucky - is good enough.

What are your thoughts about going from single stage to progressive. I think I'm over thinking this - which I tend to do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

If you get the Lee 1000 set up and adjusted right, you will like the volume you can load.... I have an older one and never could get it to keep from crushing my bottle neck rifle cases...

It works great on my pistol ammo though....

I guess I need to call Lee and see what they suggest for an upgrade to handle the rifle cases...

I just got a turret press last summer I have sized some cases with it but thats about it, I still am useing the rock chucker for everything else. I am going to get the components for 500 .45 ACP and set the turret up and see how long they take start to finish. I like checking between stages and I bought this turret for handgun loads.

I know your feeling. I had a guy give me an older 4 shell turret RCBS press, but I am afraid to use it. It just hangs there and make the room look better. I think it's the fear of the unknown.

Ahh just kick it loose, why would anyone want to load pistol ammo "almost" (in the case of the turret press) as fast as you could shoot it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Last edited:
you both should just ship them to my house I'll pick up the shipping

you can also use them to load one round at a time

I did it this way when i first got my hornady lnl ap

once i got the jist of it, it will load ammo nearly as fast as i can shoot it (rifle and pistol)

Use both. The single stage comes in handy for doing small amounts of different things without having to mess with the progressive that is setup for your main volume reloading.

Quote:
I think I'm over thinking this - which I tend to do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Thats what happens when you work for you know who /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I cant help you with the progressive. I just got started reloading one year ago.

Quote:
Quote:
I think I'm over thinking this - which I tend to do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Thats what happens when you work for you know who /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yeah - this place tends to make one think way too much about things. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Back