FOXPRO's New TX-5LR Remote

FOXPRO

We are pleased to announce that in the near future, our remote control units will be changing. The first change will be an increase in the range of the remote control. Our preliminary testing has indicated ranges of 700 to 1000 yards under ideal conditions(wide open terrain). By increasing the distance in the wide open, you also increase the actual distance in the woods. The next change will be a backlit LCD display(one that will work down to well below zero)that will light up and display the number of the sound that you are playing. The green pushbuttons that we are currently using are going away, and they will be replaced with an actual keypad. There will be seven buttons on the keypad--sound up, sound down, volume up, volume down, aux, mute, and send. The send button is the button that you use to change the sounds. As you depress the sound up or sound down button, the number in the display changes. The numbers will go from 0 to 31 on a model 532(32 sounds), and from 0 to 15 on a model 416(16 sounds). When you get to the number of the sound that you want to play, depress the send button, and the sound will instantly change to the new sound. The buttons on the keypad will glow in the dark, making them much easier to see at night. The sound list will be located on the back of the transmitter. The new remotes will also feature an auxillary button that will be able to remotely control a decoy(or other devices later). When you depress the aux button, the decoy will start moving. To stop the decoy, simply depress the decoy button again. In the future, we will be manufacturing our own decoys. Until that point, we will offer a retrofitted decoy that will work with these units(I will let you know later which one). For those of you that have purchased remote control units within the past 2 months, you already have the long range on your remote. We achieved the long range by increasing the sensitivity of the receiver board, which we have been using for the past 2 months. I will keep you informed as to availability of these units. In the meantime, if you have any questions, feel free to contact us. As all of our products, these are MADE IN THE USA!
101_0149.JPG

Mike Dillon

FOXPRO Systems
"The Caller of the Wild"

Howler,

Once the units are released, there will be an increase in price, but only by about $25.00. Also, be sure to check out some of our new sounds. Currently, we are up to about 150 sounds, and more to come in the future.

Mike Dillon

FOXPRO Systems
"The Caller of the Wild"
www.gofoxpro.com

You have to love the Dillons , They are like a bunch of mad scientist working their hands off to make the ultimate predator calling machine !!!!

Way to go Fox Pro , yet another fine improvement made to as far as i am concerned ( the BEST caller on the market)

Thanks Mike and John for all the great customer support . we sure do appreciate your hard work and dedication to your customers . Jerry . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

When can one order a new Fox Pro with the new remote set-up? I was just about to call Fox Pro to listen to some sounds, get my list put together, and order my new Mossy Oak 32 sound unit w/remote, and now I have to wait? :rolleyes: How long? Oh well, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait-this does look like a better remote set-up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The fastest way GC is to call. Mike dosen't post here all the time and it's a good bet that either Mike or his dad will answer the phone and help you out.

Man, that is great. just got my foxpro today. glad i didn't know this was comming or i probaly would have waited. but it's nice to know i got the xtra long range in my remote. i'd be very interested in how much it may cost for those of us who have foxpros to up grade. Thanks, Brad

These new remotes will be available in about 4 weeks. Anybody who has a non-remote unit will be able to upgrade to this remote. Call me for details if you already have a remote unit and are interested in upgrading to this remote. Thanks!

Mike Dillon

FOXPRO Systems
"The Caller of the Wild"
www.gofoxpro.com
MADE IN THE USA!

Kudos to the Dillons again for the constant effort at product improvement. Another example of the customer asking for it and getting it. Way to go!

Thought I'd share some field test results.

A few months back I wanted to see how the new long range unit would work in thick cover so I took it in the woods behind my place. This was a unit with the new long range board but with the standard remote with the green buttons.

I live at the base of the some thick timbered mountains. The particular place I was conducting the test, I could easily touch tree to tree with my arms at any place I was standing. I wasn't really out to do any calling so I didn't have a rifle or camo on. On the way to the spot I wanted to test the caller, there is a large open meadow/lakebed in these woods. It holds shallow water in the winter and was about 3/4 dried up at the time. I decided to try the caller in the open meadow first.

The coyotes are hard the call in the woods in that area. They get a lot of pressure and have a habit of circling downwind out of sight and just leaving. I haven't wasted my time calling there in several years. I set the caller crosswind in the middle of the meadow a little over 300 yards out and let a couple howls play on the Foxpro while checking remote operation. I was running the volume up and down, turning the caller on and off. I kept glancing at the downwind treeline occasionally and after about 10 minutes a group of birds at the edge of the lakebed flushed and here comes this coyote weaving through the trees, looking into the meadow . He paced back and forth along the meadow edge watching the meadow intently. Then a jeep came rumbling up on a forest road to the edge of the meadow and the coyote went back into the woods.

After the jeep left I picked up the caller and went to try it out in the dense woods. (By the way the caller worked flawlessly at 300+ yards in the meadow.) I got on a logging road and placed the caller behind a waist high bush. I started walking away from the caller down the winding logging road. At 50 yards I had solid trees between me and the caller and I tried the remote in several positions. Worked every time. I repeated this every 50 yards, out to around 500 yards. The way the road turned a bit, I had thick solid forest between myself and the caller at all times. At 250 yards I still had 100% reliability through dense solid fir trees. At 300 yards it was about 90%. At 400 and 500 it was getting spotty to operate but I could still get it to work if I kept trying. Mind you I was so far away and in such thick trees it was getting hard to even hear it at that range anyway. Now when I say "yards" I am talking long paces and the ranges were probably a little longer than I said because I subtracted distance to compensate for the curving road. My distance estimation was on the conservative side.

I can't conceive ever having to need my caller to operate at these ranges when calling the woods or anywhere else for that matter. Usually when I call the woods, 25 yards is as far as the caller will be.

I tested the caller at later dates in the rolling terrain that I normally call. I cut the caller no slack. I intentionally stuck the caller in vegetation or behind a slight rise. Had the remote in my bib chest pocket while operating. Also had my rifle shouldered so it was across my chest and blocking the remote. I was trying to get it "not" to work basically. Couldn't do it. I was surprised at the conditions it would continue to operate.

Anyway, I was impressed to say the least. I have more testing stories to share but I need to go blow up some groundhogs right now. Just got back from a week in Disneyland. After a week of shoulder to shoulder crowds and enjoying the fine driving skills of the LA residents, I really need to kill something. LOL! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif (No offense to any LA residents of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Take care, Curt

Mr. Mike Dillon--I have a FoxPro 16 sound model with remote that I purchased in March of 2001. Will I be able to upgrade to the new TX-5LR Remote? If so, what would the estimated cost of such an upgrade be? I had you do the Model B upgrade last year, but didn't get the PG-1 adapter.

Hi Silverfox,

Yes, you can upgrade to the new TX-5LR remote. To do this, however, you would basically have to buy a whole new remote. The new transmitter would operate your unit, but only to a short distance. Again, the long range is being achieved by increasing the sensitivity of the receiver board. Your unit is not equipped with the new receiver board. To upgrade to the new TX-5LR remote will cost around $225.00. This cost includes replacing your receiver board, the new transmitter, and adding the decoy jack to your unit, which will enable you to plug in a decoy. If I can be of further assistance, give me a call. Thanks, Silverfox!

Mike Dillon

FOXPRO Systems
"The Caller of the Wild"
www.gofoxpro.com
MADE IN THE USA!

Back