Palin launches political action committee!!!!!!!

An interesting response by blogger John Hawkins when asked "Why is the left afraid of Sarah Palin?"

They despise her for being a "regular Sally" made good -- that's something their politicians pretend to be, but never really are. She didn't go to an Ivy League School. She has an accent -- and it's not a New York accent. She's small town, not big city. She's not rich. She's not a lawyer. She has 5 kids and had a baby with Down's syndrome instead of aborting him. So, much of it is just out and out snotty elitism.

But, all those factors are ultimately small potatoes compared to the two main reasons why the left utterly despises and fears Sarah Palin.

#1) The left thinks they own everybody who isn't a straight, white male. If you're female, Hispanic, black, Asian, gay -- pretty much anything but a straight, white male -- and you're not liberal -- the left wants to see you destroyed because your very existence explodes the myth that people like you can only succeed through liberalism.

In Sarah Palin's case, she is a walking, talking, living refutation of everything the feminist harpies in the Democratic Party tell people. Conservative men, who they claim look down on women, adore her and would love to have her as their President. She's staunchly pro-life. She's not a man-hater who's railing against the patriarchy. In other words, she's the biggest female rock star in politics -- and she's not a liberal; nor is she someone who'd see eye-to-eye with Gloria Steinem, Naomi Wolf, or the nags at NOW on much of anything.

#2) Sarah Palin genuinely excites conservatives like no other politician in America today. There's no other Republican pol who even comes close -- and this is very important -- you will only start to see the GOP make a comeback when the base gets fired up about the Republican Party again.

When the base is excited, they will chip in money, they will volunteer, they will defend the GOP instead of trashing it -- it's the single most important factor key to turning things around and Sarah Palin is obviously capable of pulling it off. That makes her a dire threat to the left, one that they are desperate to smear and destroy.

Quote:
You can't even drink in many places at that age ... but you can make a life long committment before God and all that that entails?

Uh...yes. One can make a commitment to die for our country at that age as well. And, you can make a commitment before God even younger than that.

that's right, and your parents have no legal ability to stop you.

interesting how liberals always express their desire to control other people.

I hope she is successful at least locally but it's been my observation over the years that people usually only get one shot @ the big time of a Presidential race though with her gumption she just might be the exception that proves the RULE! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

For sure, our nation needs more folks like Rush Limbaugh who proposed to BO that he divide the Stimulus Policy in the exact same proportion as the vote when, have one devoted to tax cut incentives, the other to cash payment incentives, and have a finally FAIR contest by TRACKING which one actually WORKS! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Sounds fair to me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Rush came up with a brilliant idea this time for sure.

Sam H. Asbury, III
CLEET #08 PIA 2782

Quote:
Quote:
You can't even drink in many places at that age ... but you can make a life long committment before God and all that that entails?

Uh...yes. One can make a commitment to die for our country at that age as well. And, you can make a commitment before God even younger than that.

Sorry Stu, but the system wouldn't let me quote you as well .... But as far as Libs trying to control you, I think your off the mark when I am arguing that, at 18, your too young and lacking life experience to make such life forming (for lack of at better term)decision. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

We have basically the same laws here in Canada .... never made much sense to me, your old enough to die for your country, but your not entitled to drink a beer! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I would be interested to know what the guys who served thought about this?

Last edited:
just basing on a variety of comments you've made here. in this thread you've railed about sarah not controlling her daughter, as well as other things.

libs just seem to me to be real big on controlling people. Never themselves, though, it's always someone else who needs it.

as for drinking age, we've run it through the cycle. for decades, it was 21. Then most, if not all states, dropped it to 18. after a few years of that they raised it back up to 21. Seeing as how I think that's happened nationally, I'd hazard a guess that the data showed some pretty bad & measurable results to cause it.

when I was in the air force, on base there was no minimum age to drink. If you were active duty, you could buy alcohol on post.

off base, state laws applied.

We have basically the same laws here in Canada .... never made much sense to me, your old enough to die for your country, but your not entitled to drink a beer! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I would be interested to know what the guys who served thought about this?

Had I not joined at 18, ( 1971 ) I may have never entered the service. Probably would have gotten into trouble with the law had I not joined when I did.
It was the Armed forces that straightened me out and opened my eyes to the real truth, not realitive truths the left tries to sell.

Look Comrade ECH :
Che is dead, the USSR crumbled , China likes capitalism and Alger Hiss was proven to be Communist a spy.
Get over it !!

Military service at 18 vs. drinking at 18:

Many 18 year olds don't have much sense of maturity or responsibility. Therefore:

When they join the military they are under the constant supervision of "adults" who try to keep them from doing stupid things.

When they go drinking, it is usually in crowds of other kids their own age with few to no "adults" to keep them from doing stupid things (drunk or sober). Hence they tend to do stupid things (drunk or sober) and often end up with tragic consequences.

That is the difference, and not a small one IMO.

Quote:
Quote:
Educated,Conservative women,with high moral standards and belief in family values always make weaker males,as JWP and ECH quite nervous.They both are overwhelmed by fear of having to compete in the intelligence department.I've seen negative responses from both of them regarding Ann Coulter also.Both of these Ladies have more intelligence in their little finger than either of these two detractors.Hide and watch as the tide turns fellas.

How's her pregnant high school drop-out daughter and her high school drop out future son in law doing? Haven't heard much about that lately! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

What about those drug charges against the future son in law's mother? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Yep still hillbillies .... I suppose that's what appeals to you Azzmasta. You have a lot in common! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

How about that drunk azz daddy that walked out out on obummer and got killed in a car crash? Wait ...was that his daddy? Only a birth certificate would tell. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back