New England Firearms 22/250?

Hello gang,
About a month ago, I (being cheap) bought a NEF SB2 (stainless bull barrel) 22/250 for 250 bucks. The salesman told me that it was a decent firearm for the money. Well let me tell you, I must have got a dud. The best accuracy that I have been able to acheive with this weapon is six inch groups. I have tried different ammo, changed scopes twice, and it has not gotten any better. I did check out a few sites relative to handi rifles which had suggestions for bedding, and improvements in accuracy but I have come to a point where I think it is horrible to have to improve any weapon just to achieve nominal accuracy. Lesson learned I guess, and I probably should have bought a Savage bolt gun or maybe an AR. Heck, if you factor in the scopes, six boxes of premium ammo, I would have had the same amount into buying a better gun. Sorry to rant, but have any of you guys had any similar experiences with their products?

My nephew had one just like yours,but it may not have shot as good,it patterned,not grouped.He kicked his to the curb in a month and a half.I'm sure there are some real good ones out there,but his was a total pile.

I've found that any rimmed cartridge shoots and ejects well but I have not ha the same luck with the bottle necked rimless ones they just don't seam to do well for me.

I dont have a .22-250 but I do have a .223 and it will shoot with any other gun I own, even the black one. Really, the accuracy out of this $200 gun is great. I also have a NEF in .270 and it is also a very good shooter. Maybe I`m lucky but that is not usually the case. The "lock time" associated with a hammer gun is a little different than with a bolt or simi. That said dont give up on her untill your try different brands/ loads of ammo and make certain that trigger controll is there.

Good luck,

WVM

I've owned two different 22/250 Handi Rifle's.

While both of them @ time's shot pretty well,overall i'm dissapointed.

My 1st shot handload's about 3/4" 3 shot group's..Pretty consistantly.Then as time went along it started "popping" open upon firing.Yes oil on the latch will certainly cause this.One must be careful when cleaning.This wasn't the case.

My 2nd i bought because i considered that i might have not really worked with the 1st rifle enough & thought it would be a good one for my teenage daughter to shoot,I do like the simplicty of these rifle's..Cock the hammer & shoot.

This one didn't pop open..@ first it also shot pretty well.Then started shooting large group's.

I could go on & on..While i did have a good 243,I never really trusted it either.

I'm done with these rifle's.

Quote:
is new england and h and r the same company.

Yes and now H&R sold out and some one (I heard the hired men)bought them out/saved the company.

I have a 17HMR new england and I LOVE it, it is extremely accurate.

What kind of ammo are your shooting? I love mine to. I have cared it for about 50 miles.

One of my friends is have the same problem( Not a stainless)but it's not getting any better.

Yep Cum on over to GB some nice guys over their they'll help you. (My log-in name on their is Jones)

GJ

i have got three handirifles one in 243 one in 45/70 and the other in 30/06 well i say three guns more like one reciver and three different barells but anyway i have great results with theses "cheap" guns [beeep] the 243 will (when i first zeroed it in and two months ago untill now 400 rounds later) 1" groups at three hundred yards shooting and 80 grain soft point now the 06 and 45/ 70 are a little more erratic b/c of the recoil and the muzzle jump in my opinon, but opinon are like a@#holes everybody's got one and they usually stink, if you wanna sell it let me know

i am using the 17gr vmax and the cci 20gr they will hit a quarter at 50 yrds. and thats with no rest. i messed up and took the scope off so now i have o resight it in lol

CODY

Back