Moonbat Messiah Kills Offshore Drilling

Quote:
Quote:
back to the thread, while oil is cheap I don't think htis matters. I also think obama will change with the winds & if oil goes up enough & domestic drilling is seen as popularly supported, he'll be all for it.

I don't think so Stu. When gas hit $4/gal back in July who was resisting ANY effort to expand domestic production?-Democrats. Just because they are running the entire show now shouldn't make a difference. When gas goes out of sight again their "solution" to the problem will be subsidizing "Big Ag", "Big Wind", "Big Solar", "Big Green" and other pie in the sky garbage that amounts to Big Bull.

Just to further Dawg's point, they were actually saying they LIKED $4 gas because that price discouraged people from driving. They were upset because we got there too fast and they wanted us to get there more gradually, so we wouldn't freak out about it as we did this past time because the price shot up so fast.

Obama's victory means a return to $4+ gas, just watch.

Something is a miss in that serial #. Being St Louis mo it seems like it should have a letter accompanied by a number on top of the numbers you gave me. Check it out really goo for any numbers or letters above the one you listed on the receiver.

Quote:
The serial NR is right in front of the the loading port. It says '12 ga light' stamped on it. Gold trigger. The SN is 7311......the X just replaces the last numeral in the SN. There isn't any holes in the barrel.

he did say that, but I think he suffers from a need to be liked worse than clinton did. it was easy to say that then, when the responsibility wasn't his. when the heat comes back to him, I don't think he'll stick to his past. he'll squirm.

Quote:
Something is a miss in that serial #. Being St Louis mo it seems like it should have a letter accompanied by a number on top of the numbers you gave me. Check it out really goo for any numbers or letters above the one you listed on the receiver.

Quote:
The serial NR is right in front of the the loading port. It says '12 ga light' stamped on it. Gold trigger. The SN is 7311......the X just replaces the last numeral in the SN. There isn't any holes in the barrel.

It has a L above the SN. Hope that doesn't indicate it's a 'Liberal' gun.

Last edited:
That's what I needed, you are the owner of a 1955 Browning Light 12. The "L" is for Liberal 12 so I'd be glad to take it off of your hands before the gun grabbers come a knockin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif What choke is it?

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
That's what I needed, you are the owner of a 1955 Browning Light 12. The "L" is for Liberal 12 so I'd be glad to take it off of your hands before the gun grabbers come a knockin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif What choke is it?

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

The barrel isn't stamped with a choke size like other shotguns I've seen. It measure .68 inch's though.

Its coded w/a * which equals full
** Modified
**_ Improved cylinder
*** cylinder bore

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

The barrel isn't stamped with a choke size like other shotguns I've seen. It measure .68 inch's though.

Quote:
** Modified
**_ Improved cylinder
*** cylinder bore

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

It has one asterisk on the barrel just in front of where it says it's 12 GA 2 3/4 inch, so I guess then it's a full choke. Thanks for all the info. Even though it may be a 'L' Liberal gun I think I'll keep it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

No problemo, glad to help out. Browning A5's are one of my many passions.

Quote:
Quote:
** Modified
**_ Improved cylinder
*** cylinder bore

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

It has one asterisk on the barrel just in front of where it says it's 12 GA 2 3/4 inch, so I guess then it's a full choke. Thanks for all the info. Even though it may be a 'L' Liberal gun I think I'll keep it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I am the second owner of a 1954 A5 light 12. The original owner bought it and had Simmons put a trap rib on it. He thought that he wanted to shoot trap in a league and then quit shortly there after. The gun has had 100-150 rounds through it including the one round of trap I shot with it. It's a safe queen like my Winchester Super X Model One Trap Grade (unfired) and the 1971 Win Model 12 Trap. I'm a skeet shooter, go figure.

My first auto that I bought was a Browing A-500G. Beautiful wood and I shot it like a house afire. It was just too pretty to slug around the salt marsh of S. Texas so I stupidly sold it. The A-500G was considered a dog in the Browning auto line, but I miss that old humpback. I've come across a few that were well used and priced way too high to even think about replacing.

The 1954 A5's are a good yr, (aren't they all). Its the yr after they stopped serializing the barrels to the receivers and the yr after the speed loader was introduced. My fav is the 1953 yr. The A5's don't make very good trap guns due to the humps huge distraction in your sight plane.

Quote:
I am the second owner of a 1954 A5 light 12. The original owner bought it and had Simmons put a trap rib on it. He thought that he wanted to shoot trap in a league and then quit shortly there after. The gun has had 100-150 rounds through it including the one round of trap I shot with it. It's a safe queen like my Winchester Super X Model One Trap Grade (unfired) and the 1971 Win Model 12 Trap. I'm a skeet shooter, go figure.

My first auto that I bought was a Browing A-500G. Beautiful wood and I shot it like a house afire. It was just too pretty to slug around the salt marsh of S. Texas so I stupidly sold it. The A-500G was considered a dog in the Browning auto line, but I miss that old humpback. I've come across a few that were well used and priced way too high to even think about replacing.

Quote:
The 1954 A5's are a good yr, (aren't they all). Its the yr after they stopped serializing the barrels to the receivers and the yr after the speed loader was introduced. My fav is the 1953 yr. The A5's don't make very good trap guns due to the humps huge distraction in your sight plane.

Quote:

Too bad Obama's going to make the A-5's one of the illegal semi-automatics and you will have to surrender your collection of them to his security force /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back