is PETA doing a reversal

Chapped Lips

Heard on Paul Harvey yesterday that PETA is requesting Spearfish High in Spearfish,Montana(?),change its name to "Get Kitten High". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Is PETA promoting drug experimentation on kitty cats? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Maybe the Fund for Animals will get aggravated over a blatant prejudice of felines animals over aquatic animals. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

They think that if people call fish "sea kittens" then they will feel bad about killing them. I personally do not get it. Eating and killing animals if aparantly bad, even though the majority of nature does it on a daily basis. Somehow it is wrong for humans?

Personally I think I need to go catch some more sea kittens for the skillet.

catch heck! let's do it like the native americans did it!

(since all the tree huggers and enviro's love to perpetuate the myth of the native americans lifestyle)

SPEAR'EM and watch'em struggle and twist /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

PETA: Spearfish school should be called Sea Kitten
Jan 9, 2009

SPEARFISH, S.D. (AP) — The activist animal rights group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals has asked school officials to change the name of Spearfish High School to "Sea Kitten High School." The new name would "reflect the gentle nature of its current marine namesake," the organization said in a letter to Steve Morford, Spearfish High School principal.

PETA said the letter is part of a new Sea Kitten campaign aimed at children.

If children were taught to refer to fish as "sea kittens," reflecting that fish, like cats and dogs, are "individuals" that "do have friendships," fewer fish might be killed for food or sport, said Pulin Modi, a PETA spokesman.

"We want people to realize that more fish are killed each year than all animals combined," he said. "They don't have the sympathy of more popular animals like cats and dogs."

Morford said he did not want to share his feelings about PETA. "Obviously, it's nothing we're taking seriously," he said.

cat_meat-lg.jpg

Just had a "sea kitten" sandwich while reading this. Tastes just like tuna! I'll bet a PETA sandwich would be good, heck most of em have that real tender look and probably taste like chicken.

The sad part about all this is the attention PETA is getting. Now that "you know who" is Prez were go to see alot more of these crazy, liberal, bleeding heart groups come out of the woodwork.

Daily republic Paper today had an article of Spearfishe selling T-shirts mocking Peta. It was pretty funny ill have to find the article. when the news interviewed the principle he said he had better keep his comment s to himself, other than that he wasnt taking PETAs request seriously.

I do not have a problem with PETA's name...
I am a "People" For the Ethical Treatment of ALL animals, including the ones I ethically shoot!
Wacko's
Rick H...

I would be interested in takeing any tree huger out to a good cooked dinner. But were going to have a big ol steak. Cooked med rare. (Might be beef might be deer). Wonder how many wants to go? Some people have there head so far up the well better quit there.

Ok, you guys are being far too hard on PETA! Granted, they are hard on us but they do give hope to the stereotypical “City-dwelling Apartment Shut-in”. With this new found purpose in life they are free to donate all of their money back to the organization and not spend it on a “GLOCK” or any other kind of “Campus Cleaning” device.

So to help PETA out, I ‘m going to spend the next ten to fifteen minutes writing a new ad campaign for them!

TinT

To be continued…

peta and the rest of the tree huggers, ante gunners, pro man marring man groups or any other of the like is all about the same. they are lacking in responsibilty and leader ship in there own lives so the want to controll ours.
bottom line is there just a bunch of insecure cry baby's that need to blame somebody for there own problems, they say it is immoral to eat animals, I never read that in the bible any where, but I did read where it said that man marries woman, not man marries man or woman marries woman, then have it shoved down my thoat and suppose to like it, just like it was natural.

Quote:
love it let'em kiss him

Umm,sorry treedogguy but thats a "she" kitten! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

TinT

Back