Remington Model 7 trigger help

hicap25

Have remington model 7 predetor that has about a 5 1/2 trigger pull so would like to lighten it a little , looked up the posts on the trigger jobs and looked easy enough
so far ive gotten all the sealent off the allen head screws and 1/16" allen fits good except i can not! get the engagment screw or the trigger stop screw to break free ive completly twisted two! allen wrenches completly around
trigger weight screw is real loose what am i doing wrong?
Hicap

Quote:
Have remington model 7 predetor that has about a 5 1/2 trigger pull so would like to lighten it a little , looked up the posts on the trigger jobs and looked easy enough
so far ive gotten all the sealent off the allen head screws and 1/16" allen fits good except i can not! get the engagment screw or the trigger stop screw to break free ive completly twisted two! allen wrenches completly around
trigger weight screw is real loose what am i doing wrong?
Hicap

Why would you want loosen those screws - they have nothing to do with trigger pull.

well im doing as instructions? unless im missing somthing? back left screw (sear engagment )after i losen spring tension screw until there is just enough pressure to keep the trigger forward?

hicap,
The Predator Model has the new X Mark Pro Trigger. The instructions you are following are for the older style triggers. Leave those other screws alone. The X Mark doesn't need the others screws tinkered with to get the pull weight down safely. A sure sign something is wrong is when you are twisting Allen wrenches "round." The other screws are factory sealed and not meant to be tampered with, that is why you are having trouble. You're working too hard at it. You should only need to use the one adjustment screw for trigger pull weight to adjust the X Mark Pro down in weight of pull. I don’t know, you may have buggered the trigger up now and have all the adjustments out of whack. I’ve read of guys doing this and resorting to buying a new trigger unit because they couldn’t get the old one functioning safely again.

Back