Man charged with threatening Obama on website

Ricc9

Man charged with threatening Obama on website

Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:00pm EST

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -

Authorities on Friday arrested a U.S. man on suspicion of threatening to kill President-elect Barack Obama based on statements he posted on a website about UFOs and aliens, the Justice Department said.

Steven Joseph Christopher, in three postings to www.alien-earth.org, said he planned to assassinate Obama in Washington "as a sacrificial lamb," the department said in a statement.

"It's really nothing personal about the man. He speaks well ... . But I know it's for the country's own good that I do this," Christopher reportedly wrote.

"It's not because I'm racist that I will kill Barack, it's because I can no longer allow the Jewish parasites to bully their way into making the American people submit to their evil ways."

Christopher added that he needed money to get to Washington and that he did not own a gun, the department said.

Unprecedented security surrounds Obama, who will be sworn into office on Tuesday and become the nation's first black president.

Christopher, who is from Wisconsin but was arrested in Brookhaven, Mississippi, could face up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine if found guilty.

(Reporting by Susan Heavey; Editing by Xavier Briand)

Just a little side light here, watch what you say on these boards, someone is listening! This nut found out the hard way.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I was raised to never do or say anything I didn't want to show up on the front page of a newspaper.... Too bad he didn't have the same teaching...

Quote:
Just a little side light here, watch what you say on these boards, someone is listening! This nut found out the hard way.

I hope they are watching here !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif There have been a couple post that are right on the line .IMHO Wishing a early death of a vice Pres so we can have a federal holiday ring a bell ??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif I hope they are taking note !! We have a few morons here too !!!

Quote:

++++1! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

VERY sound advice, sir, great post! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I would have to say that if someone here made those blatant statements that the switchboard would light up at the FBI and many of those calls would be from us!! Like him or not he is The President of the United States and thus deserves the respect due that office. Can you imagine the damage that would be done to our nation if one of these nut jobs even attempts to carry out such a plan? Let alone suceeds?
I don’t like his politics and I doubt very much I will care for even one of his policies, but if you plan on harming The President of the United States you will have to get past me first!! And that should be the stance of every American out there.
If our government becomes oppressive we have the right to throw off its shackles and start anew, but we do not have the right to knock off leaders we do not like.

Back