Eastern Mountain Lions

Quote:
the govt. must of hacked into his computer and removed the pic's. it's a big govt. cover up, i'm telling ya the truth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Either that or the cougars got him
sSc_faint.gif

Quote:
In my area here in VA rumors boil up every year that the Game Wardens release MT.Lions here to help control the deer population. Last year the rumor wasnt cougars but the VDGIF were dropping poison from planes to thin out the deer population. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Must be a common rumor in Va. It's been going on here for two years. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

what i am sayin is in a lot of these storys, its guys hunting. (which means they have weapons). and im talkin about the eastern ones. my opinion is that these cats that are here must be very sneeky, and if they had any idea somebody was around then they would probly get away without the person knowing it. a bioligist in my area said that he new there is mountain lion come through every now and then but he said since they have never found a dead one, then they couldent proove there is mountain lion in the area. i certanly dont think there is any hanging around though. i think the big cats just wind up roming threw here, and probly never come back. but i really dont know.

Two million hunters just spent a gawdawful lot of time in the New York and Pennsylvania woods. They saw no mountain lions, tracks, kills, or scat. They took no pictures, and there were no roadkilled lions.
Of course, there are those pics we keep getting in our emails of the gentleman holding up the cougar in his garage. Those pics claim that poor lion has been shot in every state east of the mississippi river and if he'd been blasted as many times as has been claimed the guy would have to pick him up with a dustbuster.
Another famous lion is the one standing on the deck looking into the house through the sliding glass doors. The heck with the lion, I'd like to see some better pictures of the house! According to all the claims of where that one took place that deck must stretch to cover the thirteen original colonies and a few territories!
So, the only proof we have of all these eastern lions is that they were all seen by barbers (as in "My mother's second cousin's uncle's barber said that he seen a mt. lion...)

DIYASUB, i know what you are talkin about with those photos. i have seen them too. that one about the cat looking in the sliding glass door, was said to have been just right across the mountain from where i live. then i got the same pic from a different person and it said it was taken at Sylva, which is about an hour away from me in a totaly diff direction from where the first pic said it was takin. and the one with the guy holdin the big cat up in his garage was also said to have been takin in Sylva. i dont pay attention to photos and stuff like that. i usually hold my opinion about mt. lion bein here, and i wish i would have held it here. i know what i seen in the snow though, and that is all im goin to say about it.

Quote:
Two million hunters just spent a gawdawful lot of time in the New York and Pennsylvania woods. They saw no mountain lions, tracks, kills, or scat. They took no pictures, and there were no roadkilled lions.
Of course, there are those pics we keep getting in our emails of the gentleman holding up the cougar in his garage. Those pics claim that poor lion has been shot in every state east of the mississippi river and if he'd been blasted as many times as has been claimed the guy would have to pick him up with a dustbuster.
Another famous lion is the one standing on the deck looking into the house through the sliding glass doors. The heck with the lion, I'd like to see some better pictures of the house! According to all the claims of where that one took place that deck must stretch to cover the thirteen original colonies and a few territories!
So, the only proof we have of all these eastern lions is that they were all seen by barbers (as in "My mother's second cousin's uncle's barber said that he seen a mt. lion...)

this right here is why you don't hear many talk about there sightings,, i was stupid enough to open my mouth,,,, that s the last time.

that's the main reason why I am so skeptical about mt. lions around here. so many people are out in the woods with guns and nobody ever shoots one!!

Lots of those 2 million hunters didn't see a buck, or any deer, or a bear,coyote,bobcat,ect. How many elk or muledeer hunters in cougar country see one? I'm just not ready to write them off yet.

Back