wheres the epa

sweatybetty

and peta?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
a plane goes down into a river (there are sea kittens in that river) spilling who knows how many different bad things into the water, not to mention the concussion when the plane actually hit the water, and killing poor, innocent sea kittens. this is an outrage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif
how come peta hasn't filed suit against the airline and that pilot for killing birds and those poor sea kittens. people dont have wings or feathers, they arent meant to fly. birds are /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif
What is this country coming to? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

Last edited:
Here's a few that will never bring down a plane. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

100_2108.jpg

Mmmmmm. Jerky

kind of wondering what kind of bird brings down a jet?
why dont they put some kind of screen on the front of the engine? that would be alot cheaper than a new plane

dawg, there is no telling how many innocent lives you have spared. keep up the good work!

did i call this or what???

http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelligencerreport/rightwing120.html

Peta May Sue Airline And Pilot

A US Airways Airbus A320 pilot guided his jetliner into the frigid Hudson River after a flock of birds knocked out both its engines just after takeoff Thursday. The plane, an Airbus A320 that had taken off minutes earlier from LaGuardia Airport bound for Charlotte, N.C., was submerged up to its windows in the river when rescuers arrived in Coast Guard vessels and ferries. Some passengers waited in water up to their knees, standing on the wing of the plane for help.

PETA is picketing in front of US Airways' headquarters. PETA spokesperson said “I think it is sad that everybody is saying "nobody died", because some did: the birds.

It seems that the animal rights group, PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals), is strongly considering filing a class action lawsuit on behalf of every goose, pigeon, sparrow and seagull that has died at the hands of an airplane.

Burrds R. Hott, a spokesperson for PETA, insists that "the sky belongs to these elegant creatures. The damages accrued over decades of air travel are incalculable."

When asked if this was PETA's first attempt at litigation on this issue, Hott admitted that in the 1970s the organization sought to claim the skies exclusively for birds through eminent domain. "But the government, at all levels, was inexplicably unresponsive."

PETA has been attempting to work with the airline industry on a plan of action to eliminate bird strikes. Birdie Droppings, another PETA spokesperson, explains. "The aircraft will be fitted with a precise bird tracking device. When the device indicates the presence of any bird within one thousand feet, the pilot is obligated to take evasive measures that include aborting the flight should it become necessary."

Ms. Droppings made one final statement regarding this latest bird strike incident. "By choosing to land in the water, the pilot has subjected untold numbers of fish to a great degree of stress. Imagine swimming along, and then all of a sudden, this giant plane disturbs your environment without warning."

Is PETA considering any legal action on this matter? Burrds R. Hott, a spokesperson for PETA "We're actively pursuing it. A lawsuit for emotional distress may be forthcoming."

Looks like we'll have to put radar on our cars to avoid smearing bugs on our windshields from now on....."I'm sorry officer, I didn't mean to run over all those school children...I was taking evasive measures to avoid hitting that dragonfly." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:
did i call this or what???

http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelligencerreport/rightwing120.html

Peta May Sue Airline And Pilot

A US Airways Airbus A320 pilot guided his jetliner into the frigid Hudson River after a flock of birds knocked out both its engines just after takeoff Thursday. The plane, an Airbus A320 that had taken off minutes earlier from LaGuardia Airport bound for Charlotte, N.C., was submerged up to its windows in the river when rescuers arrived in Coast Guard vessels and ferries. Some passengers waited in water up to their knees, standing on the wing of the plane for help.

PETA is picketing in front of US Airways' headquarters. PETA spokesperson said I think it is sad that everybody is saying "nobody died", because some did: the birds.

It seems that the animal rights group, PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals), is strongly considering filing a class action lawsuit on behalf of every goose, pigeon, sparrow and seagull that has died at the hands of an airplane.

Burrds R. Hott, a spokesperson for PETA, insists that "the sky belongs to these elegant creatures. The damages accrued over decades of air travel are incalculable."

When asked if this was PETA's first attempt at litigation on this issue, Hott admitted that in the 1970s the organization sought to claim the skies exclusively for birds through eminent domain. "But the government, at all levels, was inexplicably unresponsive."

PETA has been attempting to work with the airline industry on a plan of action to eliminate bird strikes. Birdie Droppings, another PETA spokesperson, explains. "The aircraft will be fitted with a precise bird tracking device. When the device indicates the presence of any bird within one thousand feet, the pilot is obligated to take evasive measures that include aborting the flight should it become necessary."

Ms. Droppings made one final statement regarding this latest bird strike incident. "By choosing to land in the water, the pilot has subjected untold numbers of fish to a great degree of stress. Imagine swimming along, and then all of a sudden, this giant plane disturbs your environment without warning."

Is PETA considering any legal action on this matter? Burrds R. Hott, a spokesperson for PETA "We're actively pursuing it. A lawsuit for emotional distress may be forthcoming."

This is another pathetic PETA publicity stunt.

Law school was a number of years back for me, but I am aware of no class action suit in which animals were ever granted standing (ie the right to sue) to form a class. I do know that a few years ago in a case before the wacky, uber Liberal 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, in a case called The Cetacean Community v. George W. Bush http://www.answers.com/topic/cetacean-community-v-bush-386-f-3d-1169, the court held that marine mammals have no standing to create a class (the part that makes sense). However, the Nutty 9th's crazy part of that holding was that it further held that Congress could grant that right to animals IF IT SO CHOSE! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

"Burrds R. Hott, a spokesperson for PETA"
"Birdie Droppings, another PETA spokesperson"

haha wonder if those are their real names

Back