Called in my first TN yote

juliang

I got an FX3 a few years back and even upgraded it to an FX5. To date had never called in a yote, that I could see...... did find tracks after a stand. I have called in bobcat, deer, hogs and crows.
This morning, I set up the caller and jack in the box about 60 yards away from a tree stand. I used a few different sounds but ended with lightning jack. After 35 mins I was frozen and about to quit. I turned off the caller but left JIB running. Finally after 39 mins a big redish colored yote comes over the fence and straight to the JIB. Apparently due to cold/excitement...I missed. So, I suck shooting under pressure but am bery encouraged.
I did everything right, hunted across the wind, put the caller not far from cover and it worked. I guess we need longer than 10 mins to call in yotes in TN.

cool.. its sweet watchign them come in Julian

One of my admins killed one this morning..

He was trying for a bobcat for like 30 minutes and got sick of waiting..

started up some female challenge hwols and then pup distress... within seconds one came in and he put it down...

BTW, the lightning jack is awesome!!

I was thinking you had the scorpion and not the fx5?? huh.. my mistake

You hit the nail on the head with Eastern coyote taking a little longer to call in. I have had the same experience in my calling areas. I don't ever plan on getting up from a stand before the 30 minute mark. The reason why I do this is because of the bobcat I have in my hunting area. Cats seem to take a little longer to commit than a coyote and I want to make sure that I don't miss an opportunity. Plus unlike out West where you can see the coyote from a mile away, we may call in a coyote and never know it.

Went out yesterday and this ol boy came in at the 40 minute mark. I knew they were in there because there was scat every 10 yards on the road going in. I was determined to wait one out. At the 35 minute mark I hit pup distress and here he came.

100_5407-1.jpg

Back