17hmr for yotes

If you routinely kill 50#+ coyotes, get a scale.

If you shoot 160"+ Whitetails every season, get a tape measure.

If you shoot 1/2" groups all day with your off the shelf rifle and ammo, get a caliper.

If you often kill animals at 500+ yards, get a range-finder.

If you always drop deer in their tracks at 200 yards with a 17HMR by putting the bullet in the vitals, get professional help. You have deep seated problems that you are trying to compensate for by lying.

I'm guessing the deer just lay down, out of sympathy for the guy.
That, or they're ROTFL!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

Quote:

If you shoot 1/2" groups all day with your off the shelf rifle and ammo, get a caliper.

hey all my 17hmr's routinely shoot that or better..........if i do my part /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Zach

Quote:

If you always drop deer in their tracks at 200 yards with a 17HMR by putting the bullet in the vitals, get professional help. You have deep seated problems that you are trying to compensate for by lying.

PRICELESS... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I am brand new to this board and coyote hunting. I have a .17 HMR and a .223 Remington model 700 bolt. The .17 is a hot little round but, 200 yards with a 17 grain bullet seems very dicy to say the least. If Im at 200 yards with a yote, I'll take the .223. Faststrike

Long range instant kills on deer and yotes with a .17HMR. Whatever you're smoking is illegal. Can we do a short range instant kill on this thread with a .50 BMG?

Now you all are starting to get me convinced that I got lied to..But i'm telling you I seen pictures of the deer killed w/.17hmr..maybe he got his zeros mixed up,he might have meant 20 yds,instead of 200yds...I was passing along what i was told...maybe I'm gullable,I don't know...I have a .17hmr ,if I get a shot that far I will let you know the outcome...Happy hunting...

Quote:
Quote:

PRICELESS... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

+1

I could add a few more but better not, this is after all a family site!

I'd be interested to know which municipality allows the use of a 17 rimfire for culling deer?
The act of even permissing the use of that cartridge for deer is unethical.

We've got our own bunch of slobs that ride the apple orchards with nuisance permits on their 4 wheelers, shooting every deer they see, some of which end up piling up on someones yard, over a property line.
K911

Quote:

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

I just spit coffee all over myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Quote:

LMAO Wease!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Well said indeed!

Coyote28, please don't think we are hacking on you too hard. We just think you might have been a victim of your friends lack of veracity. The little HMR may be alot of things but a one shot 200 yard deer dropper it ain't. lol! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Good hunting

Back