243 and h355 powder

missouriman

well yesterday i tried the h335 power with the 60sierra bullets, i had loaded 11 with 27.5 gr of h335 and then had 3 with 27g and 3 with 28 gr and so on to the max load of 29 grs , well i tried the 27.5 and was getting holes toughing , and thats with a cheap new enland 243 and cheap scope , I went ahead and shot the rest of the shells i had loaded with the 27.5gr , but then the wind started blowing so bad i wasnt able to test the rest of the loads , this this morning it as 11 out side with 20+wind so the rest will have to wait but so far im happy with the 27.5 gr, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Not knowing how much experience you have with H335, I'd like to share my H335 story with you in the event it might help you in the future. My experience with it was terrible. It was very temperature sensitive for me. The recipes which grouped well for me in warm weather went to doo-doo in moderate weather (20 Deg F cooler). My bottle of H335 is in storage ONLY for a nuclear holocaust.

Quote:
Not knowing how much experience you have with H335, I'd like to share my H335 story with you in the event it might help you in the future. My experience with it was terrible. It was very temperature sensitive for me. The recipes which grouped well for me in warm weather went to doo-doo in moderate weather (20 Deg F cooler). My bottle of H335 is in storage ONLY for a nuclear holocaust.

Ya i tried it in my 6.8 and it really sucked for me , and i tried it with a 60grain bullet in 223 and it went every where, I was hoping i could find a use for it ,but i am going to go with 760 as soon as the store gets it in ,
I was surprised it did as well as it did in the 243 tho

It's a shame it's not more stable. My warm weather groups were amazingly tight; 5 rnds, but only 4 visible cuts for one ragged hole on the paper with my 204.

No powder should go wild with a 20 deg temp change.

I wish you well with your testing....fun stuff!

I use 26.5 gr H335 in my 40 gr Vmax 223 load and it shoots almost the same at 30 degrees as it does at 100 degrees. Regular 5-shot groups UNDER 1/2 inch at 100 yards and 2.5-3 inches at 500 yards in calm conditions.

I have not experienced the fluctuations in performance that some others report.

Quote:
I use 26.5 gr H335 in my 40 gr Vmax 223 load and it shoots almost the same at 30 degrees as it does at 100 degrees. Regular 5-shot groups UNDER 1/2 inch at 100 yards and 2.5-3 inches at 500 yards in calm conditions.

I have not experienced the fluctuations in performance that some others report.

I tried it with the 60gr vmax in the 223 and it went crazy i thought it was the scope till i tried the h322 and it was putting a hole in a hole ,

Maybe i got a bad Batch of powder, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

I'm with stiff neck. My .223 Savage predator shoots .680 groups at 45 degrees. I hope it doesn't go nuts when it warms up. Shots well in my R-15 too. I like how easy it works through my powder measure.

Quote:
It's a shame it's not more stable. My warm weather groups were amazingly tight; 5 rnds, but only 4 visible cuts for one ragged hole on the paper with my 204.

No powder should go wild with a 20 deg temp change.

I wish you well with your testing....fun stuff!

I guess i should have tried the rest this morning , since it was almost 50 yesterday and 11 today , that would have showed something , but with the wind i wouldnt have really know if it was the wind or temp,,

Back