Tactical Night Vision

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#1179456 - 01/12/09 06:26 PM Re: What do you sit on while hunting [Re: TNyoteboy]
bigdog1 Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Mesa, Az
I use a 6 foot wooden ladder. It opens up a whole new world when in the tall brush

John

NRA MEMBER
GUNS HAVE ONLY TWO
ENEMIES; RUST AND POLITICIANS

#1179457 - 01/12/09 08:08 PM Re: What do you sit on while hunting [Re: bigdog1]
Ducksoup Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Tacoma, Washington
similar to the Crazy Creek one but mine is camo'd. Bought it at one of the local sportsmans shows several years ago for 25 buck. Keeps my butt dry and warm. Has some fiberglass stays to stiffen the back and the back support is mandatory for this old guy! I forgot it one trip and just sat on a ground pad. By the end of the day I was a cripple!

#1179458 - 01/12/09 09:08 PM Re: What do you sit on while hunting [Re: BAMIT]
Nic_58 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Mizzou
Quote:

2 way strut seat, they developed it for turkeys, I just adapted it for the real hunting.

+1 on the Strut Seat by Hunter's Specialties!

#1179459 - 01/12/09 09:16 PM Re: What do you sit on while hunting [Re: UtahRob]
aeffling Offline

Loc: Hecla, South Dakota
Five gallon bucket tipped upside down.

Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

#1179460 - 01/12/09 09:35 PM Re: What do you sit on while hunting [Re: aeffling]
SDCoyoteCaller Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: South Dakota
I primarily have been using the Primos Twin Cheeks pad, but recently converted to Randy Anderson's Bark-A-Lounger. It is similar to the other one posted with the back support built in.

I have all of the seats on this link, but the bottom two are what I use the most with the Bark-A-Lounger being my current favorite.

Seats

#1179461 - 01/12/09 10:36 PM Re: What do you sit on while hunting [Re: UtahRob]
EDP Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Texas

#1179462 - 01/13/09 01:27 AM Re: What do you sit on while hunting [Re: Predator Strikeforce]
HighPlainsDrifter Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Casper, Wyoming
Quote:

I really love my Cabelas Gobbler Lounger. I own two of them and never leave home without them anymore. Folds up compact and really light weight. Comes with a sling strap too. Watch for them on sale at an amazing price of $14.00!

+1 on the Gobbler Lounger. Its perfect for the country I hunt and ultra comfortable. Sits very low to the ground as well so I can maintain my low profile. durable and cheap as heck. You cant beat it
FORMERLY KNOWN AS: WyoSongDog "Any community's arm of force - military, police, security - needs people in it who can do necessary evil, and yet not be made evil by it. To do only the necessary and no more. To constantly question the assumptions, to stop the slide into atrocity." Gone but not forgotten. Rest in peace IDBob.

#1179463 - 01/13/09 07:34 AM Re: What do you sit on while hunting [Re: HighPlainsDrifter]
iblong Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: minnesota shurburne co
If Im walking/snow shoeing far I use the twin cheeks,if not far or high cover I use a three leg stool.

#1179464 - 01/14/09 08:05 PM Re: What do you sit on while hunting [Re: RTLOF18918B]
Jowilly Offline
Predator Master

Loc: Nevada
You guys should try and get RustyDog to repost the pictures of a swivel seat he made a couple of years ago, I made one and really like it. It makes for a fun project.

#1179465 - 01/14/09 10:14 PM Re: What do you sit on while hunting [Re: UtahRob]
sliverchucker Offline

Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada
I sit on my hemroids..just joking.
My friend uses just a piece of carpet scrap fastend with very large saftey pins. Its just thin carpet like burber. I though it was a neat idea.

#1179466 - 01/14/09 10:25 PM Re: What do you sit on while hunting [Re: sliverchucker]
Lok8ayote Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Jamestown, NM
I purchased a tan door mat. It works great, and easy to roll up. I also have a gardening knee mat for when it is really cold.

#1179467 - 01/14/09 11:00 PM Re: What do you sit on while hunting [Re: sliverchucker]
nevjohn Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Tulare County, CA
My grandkids bought me that Primos Randy Anderson Predator Vest for Christmas, which has plenty of pockets, but one thing I found accidentally was that on the inside back portion, there is a velcro strap......pull it, and down flops a seat which pivots off the bottom back of the vest. Granted it isnt well padded, but still would keep your bottom dry. Along with that, they got me a turkey chair from SW which also has a back on it. I love my grandkids..... now if I could only convince the "boss"...

#1179468 - 01/15/09 01:33 AM Re: What do you sit on while hunting [Re: nevjohn]
gumboot458 Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Copper Basin Interior Alaska ...
Need to grind up a blue styrofoam board and put it in a sand bag then sew it shut .. .. The piece of sleeping bag foam pad that I have in there now will shatter @ 40 below and it isn,t warm at all ..

#1179469 - 01/15/09 02:24 AM Re: What do you sit on while hunting [Re: NM_HighPlains]
sscoyote Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: pueblo, co
Quote:

I use one of these:

http://crazycreek.com/product/1/3/

That I bought in 1989. Randy Anderson's chair is probably pretty similar. I roll mine up and stick it in my pack.

I also use 1 of these seats, but i customize it somewhat, by slipping it into a burlap bag and then sewing it up for IMO, a better prairie camo effect, I also reattach the female part of the side strap snap closer to the seat so i can tighten it closer to my back for a super-stable support. Most importantly i attach another Fastex snap on the ends of the side straps so i can carry it hands free around my waist, for many miles. I use it as a seat, a 3/4 shooting mat, as a little camo wall when i hold it in front of me while stalking, and i can also carry skins in it when i skin a ways from the vehicle, by slipping it between the top and bottom while around my waist.

U can usually get these a lot cheaper at K/Wal-Mart. I got 10 of them several years ago on clearnace at WM for about $5 a piece.

#1179470 - 01/18/09 09:48 PM Re: What do you sit on while hunting [Re: UtahRob]
Coyotehunter_ Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Southern IN
Some of those 5 gallon buckets that I got at Walmart over the past 5 years have seats with ball bearings in them. They won't hold me as the plastic in the seat cracks. And the ball bearings will SQUEAK LOUDLY at times. I can just see someone getting ready to shoot and turning about 20 deg only to have one of them ball bearing squeal loudly. The yotes can hear that squeaking noise from 100's of yards away.

They make a better seat now that's stronger and doesn't squeak. So I picked up the seats at Gander Mountain. They sell these seats without the buckets.

I purchased my camo seats and swivel lids at Walmart and was using the insulated buckets for a minnow bucket during the summer months.

If you weigh more than 200 lbs you can easily break these plastic seats.

Coyotehunter_

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Infidel 762, Redfrog 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.