What do you sit on while hunting

My grandkids bought me that Primos Randy Anderson Predator Vest for Christmas, which has plenty of pockets, but one thing I found accidentally was that on the inside back portion, there is a velcro strap......pull it, and down flops a seat which pivots off the bottom back of the vest. Granted it isnt well padded, but still would keep your bottom dry. Along with that, they got me a turkey chair from SW which also has a back on it. I love my grandkids..... now if I could only convince the "boss"...

Need to grind up a blue styrofoam board and put it in a sand bag then sew it shut .. .. The piece of sleeping bag foam pad that I have in there now will shatter @ 40 below and it isn,t warm at all ..

Quote:
I use one of these:

Large%20Chair.jpg

http://crazycreek.com/product/1/3/

That I bought in 1989. Randy Anderson's chair is probably pretty similar. I roll mine up and stick it in my pack.

I also use 1 of these seats, but i customize it somewhat, by slipping it into a burlap bag and then sewing it up for IMO, a better prairie camo effect, I also reattach the female part of the side strap snap closer to the seat so i can tighten it closer to my back for a super-stable support. Most importantly i attach another Fastex snap on the ends of the side straps so i can carry it hands free around my waist, for many miles. I use it as a seat, a 3/4 shooting mat, as a little camo wall when i hold it in front of me while stalking, and i can also carry skins in it when i skin a ways from the vehicle, by slipping it between the top and bottom while around my waist.

U can usually get these a lot cheaper at K/Wal-Mart. I got 10 of them several years ago on clearnace at WM for about $5 a piece.

Some of those 5 gallon buckets that I got at Walmart over the past 5 years have seats with ball bearings in them. They won't hold me as the plastic in the seat cracks. And the ball bearings will SQUEAK LOUDLY at times. I can just see someone getting ready to shoot and turning about 20 deg only to have one of them ball bearing squeal loudly. The yotes can hear that squeaking noise from 100's of yards away.

They make a better seat now that's stronger and doesn't squeak. So I picked up the seats at Gander Mountain. They sell these seats without the buckets.

I purchased my camo seats and swivel lids at Walmart and was using the insulated buckets for a minnow bucket during the summer months.

If you weigh more than 200 lbs you can easily break these plastic seats.

Back