What do you sit on while hunting

Used to use a stadium seat. But currently it's difficult to get my fat butt off the ground.
So this year, I've been using a 3-gallon bucket that I "camoed" & added a sling strap to.
It's bulky, but lightweight. And I'm now about 8-9" higher than I used to be.

I really love my Cabelas Gobbler Lounger. I own two of them and never leave home without them anymore. Folds up compact and really light weight. Comes with a sling strap too. Watch for them on sale at an amazing price of $14.00!

GobblerLounger.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I frequently call in states with high ground cover. I have been using this little folding stool for years. On hills and uneven terrain I still use my hind end to sit on.

Bob

setupcrop640.jpg

005_5.jpg

Wally World sells/used to sell a small folding seat for fishing. It was pretty close to the ground, the fabric was an interwoven canvas, and the legs were such that you could sit it on a bank and still sit flat. It's great when you're sitting on a hillside, and when you're not, I just turn it around and it works fine that way too. Also, it comes with a shoulder strap so you don't have to lug it around.

when my buddy got this seat, I dubbed it the Cadillac seat, because its awesome for predator hunting, the first I saw it the very next day I went and bought me one. it is extremely light weight, you really don't even feel it carrying it, the carry loop is large enough to go over your neck and under your arm, it sits under my left arm and my rifle is slinged on my right shoulder. its a wedge shape which makes it compact when folded up. the type of areas we hunt are normally far from flat, with this seat you can use it just about anywhere, on the side of a hill whatever, that is why the stool and bucket type seats would never work in the areas we hunt. it works great in deep snow, and has enough padding to keep you from growing figittity and feeling the need to move around alot. I have looked at everything out there and nothing compares

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templa...&hasJS=true

I use the same style as Steve G but it doesnt have as much cushion. It works great on uneven terrain and when you get it set up right it really helps keep you steady.

similar to the Crazy Creek one but mine is camo'd. Bought it at one of the local sportsmans shows several years ago for 25 buck. Keeps my butt dry and warm. Has some fiberglass stays to stiffen the back and the back support is mandatory for this old guy! I forgot it one trip and just sat on a ground pad. By the end of the day I was a cripple!

Quote:
2 way strut seat, they developed it for turkeys, I just adapted it for the real hunting.

+1 on the Strut Seat by Hunter's Specialties! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I primarily have been using the Primos Twin Cheeks pad, but recently converted to Randy Anderson's Bark-A-Lounger. It is similar to the other one posted with the back support built in.

I have all of the seats on this link, but the bottom two are what I use the most with the Bark-A-Lounger being my current favorite.

Seats

Quote:
I really love my Cabelas Gobbler Lounger. I own two of them and never leave home without them anymore. Folds up compact and really light weight. Comes with a sling strap too. Watch for them on sale at an amazing price of $14.00!

GobblerLounger.jpg

+1 on the Gobbler Lounger. Its perfect for the country I hunt and ultra comfortable. Sits very low to the ground as well so I can maintain my low profile. durable and cheap as heck. You cant beat it

You guys should try and get RustyDog to repost the pictures of a swivel seat he made a couple of years ago, I made one and really like it. It makes for a fun project.

I sit on my hemroids..just joking.
My friend uses just a piece of carpet scrap fastend with very large saftey pins. Its just thin carpet like burber. I though it was a neat idea.

Back