What do you sit on while hunting

RTLOF18918B

I'm wondering what you all sit on while hunting.

Th reason I'm asking is that my right knee has been giving me fits for the last 2 weeks and is very uncomfortable to kneel down for very long. I'm thinking a duck hunters 5 gallon bucket with a swivel top. What do you think. Your ideas please. I don't like packing alot of stuff to a stand.
I leave the binos and range finder in the truck, but I need to be more comfortable on the stand.

RTLOF(TONY) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

I sit on a fold-up padded stadium seat. Helps support my back and keeps me warm and dry. It is a must have for me in cold weather. I don't know how I got along without one in the old days.

Most of the time I stand close to a tree. It so thick up here, most of the time you don't see them until they're 25 to 50 yards away. So you have to be mobile because you don't know which direction they come from.

Quote:
my butt, snow, sand, cactus if I'm not careful

same here, gander mountain tech2.0 waterproof snow bibs and parka are a blessing for me, i havnt got wet or cold this year during deer season or coyote hunting and its been pretty cold to say the least well worth the money IMO.

I use the turkey vest in the following link. I like it because it has a ton of pockets for carrying calls and other stuff. I also can carry my foxpro and decoy in the back pouch. Being able to set up anywhere and still have a back rest is great!!

turkey vest

I use to use a 5 gallon bucket, I then tried the portable folding stools, but they were just too bulky to tote around - so now I use a Weekender folding seat.
It's a lot lighter and flat so I can use it under me for seated, kneeling or prone shots.

I use the 5 gallon camo bucket with the swivel seat, holds the fx3, bottle of water, binos and a roll of tp just in case nature calls. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I use one of these:

Large%20Chair.jpg

http://crazycreek.com/product/1/3/

That I bought in 1989. Randy Anderson's chair is probably pretty similar. I roll mine up and stick it in my pack.

I use a turkey vest with a fold down seat and padded back. If I'm not far from the rig I use a folding chair. Always a pair of sit down shooting sticks or bipod.

I use the primos twin cheeks pad. It just snaps to your belt or belt loop. It hangs behind you while you walk and you don't even know it is there. But when you sit down it sure makes life more comfortable when there is no snow, and it keeps your tail warm when there is. It is only 12.99 at cabela's

I've got a Therm-a-rest inflatable pad. With the air squeezed out, it rolls up inside my pack, and you can adjust how firm it is. A backrest would be an improvement, but it keeps you dry and warm.

Ambush seat

Crazy Creek here too... great back support, helps with stability when shooting off sticks or a knee, and too darn comfortable sometimes. I've been known to nod off from time to time. I told my wife if she doesn't see me by 6:00 a.m., call me because I'm probably sleeping in some field somewhere /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have a turkey vest with a seat that snaps on the back. When your ready to use it all you have to do is unsnap it and set down and your ready to go. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

5 gallon bucket. The Bucket holds the caller and decoy. I admit mine is a Dove seat but I threw the Swivel seat away and just flip it over and sit on the bottom.

One of those camo seat pillows i got from walmart . It keeps my butt dry and warm and i got it at close out last year for 2.00 . I bough 3 .They also Work great on a top of a 5 gal bucket for duck hunting . They are small light weight and i can put the waist strap of my fanny pack trough the handle so in don't need to use my hands. I also use it for deer and elk hunting with my muzzy , i like to sit and watch trails allot .

Back