1-11-09 Good hunts FURY ACTION

duky

Had a couple of takers this morning. This is the biggest coyote I have ever shot. I havent weiged it yet but when I do I will post it. This big male came into lighting jack at the 10 min. mark. Spotted him about 200 yrds out, shot him with a .223 about 100 yrds out. When I shot he did the death spin just a couple of times and took off full blast. Dumb me I went ahead and shot at him 2 more times but I missed. (I have never had a hit coyote run off) I shouldnt of shot again kinda ruined the spot on this set. Walked over there couldnt find any blood. My friend and myself split up we found him about 50 yrds in the woods dead in a creek. It was fun watching this coyote zig-zag through the field trying to get a wind on my mojo critter.

DSCF0186.jpg

DSCF0184.jpg

This fox came in on the 22 min. mark. I had my buddy setup for a good shotgun spot, but was just alittle out of range so the .223 dropped him in his tracks. He came into lucky bird. After those 2 hunts my buddy is going to have a hard time carrying a shotgun. He still had a blast and so did I.

DSCF0188.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Glad to hear the Fury came in!! How'd you like it??
Looks like it was a good day!!

Congrats on a monster coyote!! That thing is a giant!!

Ruining the spot or not, you did the right thing trying to sink another round in him. If I hit a coyote on the first round and it is still moving, I will continue to fire trying to place as many shots as possible into that animal until it quits moving. I hate losing a wounded animal. Congrats on the recovery!

Nice big coyote! I would have shot at him running off too. It would seem to be the right thing to do, to try to anchor him and prevent him from getting away wounded. You keep that buddy packing that scattergun that is a deadly combination to have a rifleman and a shotgunner on the same stand.

ok just weighed it! OMG it was bouncing from 44 lbs 10 ounces and alittle over 45. I used my digital fish scale.

NEAL I am enjoying this caller. Finally glad we got alittle bit of cold weather. Middle of this week it suppose to be a high of 12. Cant wait for that.

Nice job, that coyote is a bruiser for sure! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:
NEAL I am enjoying this caller. Finally glad we got alittle bit of cold weather. Middle of this week it suppose to be a high of 12. Cant wait for that.

Can't wait!! The weather outta have the critters moving.. I gotta get out and get after them..

duky - Glad you got the fury bloodied in a hurry. Sounds like you all had a blast. I agree with crapshoot, if they are still rinning, I'm still throwing lead.

I normally will play for alittle bit and stop.
Fox's are kinda spotty around here. If you can find a spot someone has alot of chickens normally you will find a few fox's.

Quote:
If you can find a spot someone has alot of chickens normally you will find a few fox's.

Got that right!! I live on the edge of town and my 5 yr old has chickens and we have fox in the yard almost every night..

That is one big coyote. Good job. Nice fox too.

Regarding the follow up shots, I think it was the right thing to do. Like Lance said, if they are trying to get up I put another one in them.

Good hunting

Back