pride of mr. yancy

ksboy2

my first ever in a cage... whoooohoooo

100_4724.jpg

Congratulations /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gifI couldn't catch a cat in a cage if it was in pet shop! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

p.s. Thanks for the 411 on the chicken poo. I caught a cat last night in a poo set with urine and gland. Your right it doesn't freeze. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

turnn,

hey, no problem.... i am not the guy who hides everything... if i can help someone i do.

glad the old chicken poop worked for you

When I'm cage trapping I find a trail then the spot where a cage will go in good and not be right on the trail, I like to put the cage where the target can see it from a angle and a couple feet off the trail, a cat toilet, is in my opinion the best place to put the cage about 10-30 feet away from the toilet,
Ok we have the location
Next clear out and level a place for the cage, place the cage in the spot making sure everything is as it should be. Next remove the cage and dig a dirt hole about where the pan will be, with some of the dirt hole between the pan and back of the cage, then place your [with skunk essance] lure in the hole under the cage [this way you won't get the lure all in the fur when you catch your target]
next I like to put a piece of legal fur almost to the back of the cage, on a piece of 14 ga wire just hooked to the third square from the back hangin down from the top and down about 5-6 inches, [I use one fake glass eye on the fur] I like the fur strip to move at the least bit of wind, then I place the cage carefully back in place being careful not to cover the lure and the dirt hole with dirt etc. then I start to cover the cage with brush etc use what ever is there, and I cover the top both sides and back I don't want the target getting to the side, back, or on top. Next cover the bottom of the cage wire with sifted dirt etc, Cats don't like walking on 14 ga 1x1 wire.
Ok so now the cage is in place. now take a look making sure everything is as it should be.
next find a suitable place within 3-10 feet of the cage, and about 6 feet high and tie a flag [I like to use surveyers tape tied in a bow with about a foot of tail hanging down] so the target can see it from a distance.
one last visible check and the cage is ready.

I use cage sizes are 8x18x36-10x19x36-12x120x36 I have caught about the same amount of cats in each as the other, But Cage trapping is not a easy way to trap. Yancy

DSC_0015.jpg

That first cat looks mad but that last one looks TEED OFF. That look is really familiar, I know I have seen it but I cant remember where..............oh yeah my WIFE, ha ha.

Back