AR question.....22-250???????

orrbull48

anyone know if a .22-250 is or will be available in that platform soon? if mike puts this in his lineup im def. putting in an order....want the 204 to go along with the 223 dtech but a 22-250 would be sweet!

Last edited:
I'm sure you already know this, but the 22-250 is too big/long to fit in the AR-15 platform; it should be able to be chambered in the AR-10 though. (the AR-15's larger brother)

Dtech doesn't list the 22-250 as alternate caliber in on his web page. But things change all the time. Give him a call.

Armalite made a few of them in the AR10 but they are pricey and hard to find. I know one guy that ownes a gun shop that has one and he really likes his.

It could be made but there could be some feeding problems with the magazines. The 22-250 is simply too long for an AR15 so your talking one of the 308 platforms from either armalite or DPMS. The 308 case wall is longer and has much less taper that the 22-250. The fact that the taper is greater with the 22-250 may require the magazine lips to be modified. The good thing is the 22-250's base is exactly the same so no modification of the bolt would be needed. With the 22-250 being smaller all the way around, you might try to see if it would feed into a 308 AR-10. I would use cases with just the bullets properly seated with no powder or primers installed. If they would hand cycle thru the gun you probably won't have feeding problems. WARNING: AR10 parts are expensive. I'm having a custom upper made in 243 and it will probably end up costing me $1,600 bucks when done. This upper will have a shilen barrel so the quality will be better than a factory gun. I was just ordering my last part from armalite when told by the customer service person that they were going to start making the 243 again. You might call them to see if they are going to make the 250 again.

Back