Update on (FUR PRICES) WYO Trapping Pictures

WYOAZshotgunner

These are some pictures of some of the fur my Dad has trapped so far this year in SE Wyoming. I also posted his numbers below.

Bobcats: 9
Coyotes: 25 (-3 Mange)
Red Fox: 18
Raccoon: 35
Badger: 2
Mink: 1

Well, my Dad went to sell some fur today and this is what he got. He wouldnt disclose much on the bobcat prices, only gave the price he got on 4 of them. Think he was a little upset on the prices and didnt feel like talking. Here they are...

Bobcat: 1 at $400, 2 at $225, and the lowest at $80 for a total of $1500 for 9 bobcats. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Coyotes: $18 + $20 for county bounty = $38 total after bounty collection. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Fox: $15

Raccons: $13 is what he was offered last week and didnt sell. Tried again today and it was much lower. So he decided to hold on to them.

trapping1.jpg

trappin2.jpg

trapping3.jpg

Last edited:
He's doing great. That's a good stack of fur. Hopefully the market will develop in the next few weeks. I'm hearing the weather and economy has kept the fur numbers down, so maybe the prices will be better for those who are able to put together some. Your Dad's name isn't Marty is it?

Mike

Quote:
He's doing great. That's a good stack of fur. Hopefully the market will develop in the next few weeks. I'm hearing the weather and economy has kept the fur numbers down, so maybe the prices will be better for those who are able to put together some. Your Dad's name isn't Marty is it?

Mike

He sold the coyotes and fox already. He is suppose to sell the bobcats & coon on Thursday so i'll let you know what he ends up getting for them.

His name is Mark...

Great pics! Those are some seriously big coons! Looks like your dad is doing well this season, its a shame that the fur prices have nose dived.

Thanks for the pics.

WVM

Quote:
Dear WYOAZshotgunner's Dad,
Would you like to adopt a 45 year old son? I come with a wife, two kids and a mortgage.

My Dad got a kick out of that one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:
Great pics! Those are some seriously big coons! Looks like your dad is doing well this season, its a shame that the fur prices have nose dived.
Thanks for the pics.

WVM

He is on his way to sell his furs as I type this, I will update this post later today with the prices $$$ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Everything I here is about how low the prices are this year. Simply put, bad economy dos not do well for fur products. I am glad gas went down, but it also makes it hard to make much money.

Your dad is doing awesome... If these are the prices the fur trappers are forced to sell for, then how come Cabela's is asking $130 for the coyote pelts in their store in PA???

Back