snaring coyotes

schmidty

can you guys please tell mehowto snare coyotes i have never tried it before an really want to do it so please give me some tips. the area hear is pretty open so any tips will help.

i mainly snare fence crossings... find a place where the yotes are going under the bottom wire.. you'll know b/c there will be a little hair on the center barb on the trail..

set the loop smack in the center of the trail

if you are snaring cattle trails and such you want a loop about 10 inches around and 10 inches off the ground..

thats a good head start.. go to www.trapperman.com and read up

The way ksboy2 said is a good way to do it but you make check your states regulations bc im pretty sure here in Missouri its illegal to set a snare that close to the fence. It may not be in South Dakota but were not even aloud to use snares here anymore. We got to use cable restraints and go through a training course to obtain a liscense.

first off, find out what your state laws are about snaring,

then find the trails they are using and set your snare 10-12 inches from the ground with a 10-12 inch loop. I don't like crawl unders, because here the dang deer will use them also /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif

I like to snare yotes in the snow, I take the truck and drive thru a field that is snow covered and them set the snares in the tire tracks. I also will take my feet and shuffle them to make a trail that goes for a hundred yards and on the way back out the same trail I'll hang snares in the middle of it. I don't get out of the trail, or the yote will step around the snare. not sure about where you are, but here the yotes will follow you in the snow and use your bootprints to walk in. it you ver off a trail they will follow to see what you was doing. good luck and happy snaring,

Back