Reloading dies for 223 Wylde

the 223 wylde is a generously cut 223 chamber with a long leade, originaly designed to shoot heavy long bullets loaded to over mag length and fired single shot. use a 223 rem FL sizer, it'll be fine.
RR

Ive got the RCBS competition dies for the 223, but there were a christmas present............they are like $150 but there are awesome. Id got with the RCBS X die full length if I did not use the competition dies............RCBS is definatly my firt choice.

I always use standard FL dies and have never had a problem. BTW: Dillon dies are ground smaller closer to small base dies than others because many of Dillon's customers shoot full autos. Dillon makes great dies. The ones that I have work great.

I have the Wylde chamber in my RRA Varmint 24 and have used several 223 FL dies, and even a few neck dies, with no problems. Small base is definately not needed for the Wylde chambering. Redding, Hornady, Forster, RCBS, and Dillon are my favorites. RCBS has the best customer service and Forster has the most innovating dies. Hornady has come a long way in recent years and they are priced right. There are some custom die makers out there if your into benchrest competition, and can hack the high prices.

Back