What if I move to Utah???

Quote:
coyotesniperFJ, I might point out that I haven't lived in Utah for 15 years and you couldn't drag me back with anything known to man. Hunting-wise the state has never crossed my mind since the day I left 15 years ago...well other than to remember how bad it sucked.

What ??? SUCKED ??? Man you "must" be spoiled !!!
Except for the deer hunting , low numbers here in the North, i love the hunting here !!!! The cache valley area is such a beautiful area to live . When i drove into Cache Valley July 2005 i new i wanted to live here good hunting or not . I walked away from the best job in ever had to live here . I like it so much i took up photography again after not doing it for 26 years . Also the new world record Non-typical elk was killed this last year here in Utah . Like i said before i have ELK , deer , grouse , ducks . Chuckar and yes coyotes and foxes , 1/2 dozen trout streams 15-30 minutes from my home and less . Anyway it's cool , i hope your are enjoying where you are , i sure am !!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
So I guess what I am hearing from you all is: don't choose to move to Utah thinking you will have great Coyote hunting. Ain't gonna happen.

Am I right or am I cynical or are all you trying to keep the CoyoteSniper out of your backyards??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Come to think of it, with the low numbers I have documented this year, couldn't be worse than what I am seeing at the present! Utah...here I come!

Not yet.

More to life than coyote hunting !! Also LDS or not your Welcome to be my friend and neighbor anytime !!

My home town !!
http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/4454164_BQdgB#279245858_vfmWk

I bought a Idaho license to get away from the Utah crowd and it get worst. Snowmobiles were everywhere chasing coyotes. Stay in Arizona. You cant afford the state tax.

Quote:
Quote:
coyotesniperFJ, I might point out that I haven't lived in Utah for 15 years and you couldn't drag me back with anything known to man. Hunting-wise the state has never crossed my mind since the day I left 15 years ago...well other than to remember how bad it sucked.

Except for the deer hunting , low numbers here in the North, i love the hunting here !!!! The cache valley area is such a beautiful area to live . When i drove into Cache Valley July 2005 i new i wanted to live here good hunting or not . I walked away from the best job in ever had to live here . I like it so much i took up photography again after not doing it for 26 years . Also the new world record Non-typical elk was killed this last year here in Utah . Like i said before i have ELK , deer , grouse , ducks . Chuckar and yes coyotes and foxes , 1/2 dozen trout streams 15-30 minutes from my home and less . Anyway it's cool , i hope your are enjoying where you are , i sure am !!

the hunting is great if you like 2 point bucks, the elk hunting is great if you have max points or essentially hit the lotto and draw a tag, lets not forget that world record elk was by someone who drew a tag. since you moved here from california, you haven't been putting in for the draw when it first started, you can for all practicable purposes forget about drawing an elk tag anytime soon, a man has 2 sons, they both start putting in for LE elk at age 14 probability says only one will draw an LE tag in a premiere unit by the time they are 60. the open bull units in the state are a joke, between the indians, and the people on the wyoming side, the unita elk heard faces challenges everywhere.

Quote:
...lets not forget that world record elk was by someone who drew a tag.

No, no, no! He didn't "draw" that tag. He BOUGHT that tag. The guy used a Governor's tag to get that bull. He paid over $150,000 just for the tag. No idea how much more he spent with Doyle Moss, but they used at least a dozen guys, spotters etc. to locate and finally kill that bull. I'd be surprised if all in all, he spent less than $225,000 to take that bull.

But! He sure as heck did NOT wait around to draw a tag like you or I would have to!

- DAA

UtahRob, as long as your happy then nothing else really matters. You found something better than what you left behind and so did I.

Quote:
Quote:

No, no, no! He didn't "draw" that tag. He BOUGHT that tag. The guy used a Governor's tag to get that bull. He paid over $150,000 just for the tag. No idea how much more he spent with Doyle Moss, but they used at least a dozen guys, spotters etc. to locate and finally kill that bull. I'd be surprised if all in all, he spent less than $225,000 to take that bull.

But! He sure as heck did NOT wait around to draw a tag like you or I would have to!

- DAA

I have always wondered what if the governor wanted to keep the tag /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif if I was the governor I would, after all its the governor's tag. I am sure moss got paid big, a few years ago he paid my b in law 5k just to help find a buck for the guy who bought the deer governors tag. I think moss paid out like 15k just in people to help find it that year, you gotta believe he is making a big cut on the top.

Quote:
Quote:

- DAA

It was a nice bull , but the way it was taken sucked . Not a fan at all of the mossback crew , AT ALL . I bought one of his DVD'S and tossed it . It cover a hunt with a Governor's tag . He tried to get some help up here to find a bull Moose but got little help . That kind of hunting/buying sucks !!

Quote:
UtahRob, as long as your happy then nothing else really matters. You found something better than what you left behind and so did I.

TRUE but Utah and California have nothing in common . You left a way better place than me !! I could live in Montana it's also a great state !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

the hunting is great if you like 2 point bucks, the elk hunting is great if you have max points or essentially hit the lotto and draw a tag, lets not forget that world record elk was by someone who drew a tag. since you moved here from california, you haven't been putting in for the draw when it first started, you can for all practicable purposes forget about drawing an elk tag anytime soon, a man has 2 sons, they both start putting in for LE elk at age 14 probability says only one will draw an LE tag in a premiere unit by the time they are 60. the open bull units in the state are a joke, between the indians, and the people on the wyoming side, the unita elk heard faces challenges everywhere.

I don't put in for anything , i am very happy just hunting the muzzle loader spike hunts with my boys . Not a trophy elk hunter and Just love to getting out as much i can . I have seen some monster Bucks ( ever year ) in my area but not a lot .When my son returns i may go after one with my muzzy , it will take two of us to get one out . I don't have horses. I passed on two 2 points opening morning of the muzzy season trying to get a bigger one but i could not find him . He was smarter than me !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif With the deer population being so low in the Cache area, i will let the small guys go , with hopes of the herd getting better . Bad winters ,no winter feeding grounds , Roads and 4 wheelers every where. I don't see the deer herds doing any better anytime soon . But the Elk and moose are every where !! You look in the foothills where all the deer are at right now and there are tons of Coyote tracks . I am new at coyote hunting and having a tough time getting them in . Just made some snow camo and need some snow shoes . Just can't get around in deep snow . My big body 6'5'' 235lbs sinks really good into the snow !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Well, if it's any consolation, Salt Lake City women are BOOTYLICIOUS! At least that's been my experience.

You Utah guys should concentrate on love, not war :>)

Back