Nikon Monarch UCC Tracking and Repeatability?

Misfire

Has anyone tested the tracking on the Monarch UCC "target" knobs/turrets? How repeatable and accurate are the graduations?

Also, Is the Niko Plex the same thickness on the Monarch Series as they are on the Buckmaster Series? I actually have a Buckmaster scope on my Son's rifle but IMO the reticule is a bit too thick.

The Nikon only has 40 minutes of elevation so that may be a limiting factor. I've already bought bases and rings so an elevated base isn't an option at this point. I could add it later if necessary. From the outside looking in the Monarch seems to be a lot of scope for the money.

Since I've got your attention by posting another scope thread, does anyone know if the Leupold VX-III LR with the 30mm tube the same basic scope as the Mark 4 series? They look very similar and have a lot of the same features. I may go with the LR VX-III and save a few bucks instead of the Mark 4 if the Nikon isn't a viable option. I like the fact that the Leupolds have 70" of elevation if I ever get that far.

Thanks!

My Mk4 has 140" of elevation. Slap on a 20moa base, and that's a LOT of come-ups.

Mk4's have a thicker tube, also.

Have used 3 Monarchs, (still own 2) all 3 have been perfectly repeatable. Target knobs (clicks) are pretty rough, compared to some.

See if you can find a Mk4 PR......

I have one and I mine does not track very well. I had it dead on at 100 then clicked up to 300yds and it was close but not exact and then when I moved it back to zero it was 1 1/2 inch higher. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Quote:
My Mk4 has 140" of elevation. Slap on a 20moa base, and that's a LOT of come-ups.

Mk4's have a thicker tube, also.

Have used 3 Monarchs, (still own 2) all 3 have been perfectly repeatable. Target knobs (clicks) are pretty rough, compared to some.

See if you can find a Mk4 PR......

What Mark 4 do you have that has 140" of elevation? Mine only have 65.

Quote:
Has anyone tested the tracking on the Monarch UCC "target" knobs/turrets? How repeatable and accurate are the graduations?

Also, Is the Niko Plex the same thickness on the Monarch Series as they are on the Buckmaster Series? I actually have a Buckmaster scope on my Son's rifle but IMO the reticule is a bit too thick.

The Nikon only has 40 minutes of elevation so that may be a limiting factor. I've already bought bases and rings so an elevated base isn't an option at this point. I could add it later if necessary. From the outside looking in the Monarch seems to be a lot of scope for the money.

Since I've got your attention by posting another scope thread, does anyone know if the Leupold VX-III LR with the 30mm tube the same basic scope as the Mark 4 series? They look very similar and have a lot of the same features. I may go with the LR VX-III and save a few bucks instead of the Mark 4 if the Nikon isn't a viable option. I like the fact that the Leupolds have 70" of elevation if I ever get that far.

Thanks!

I have five (5) of the 6.5-20x44 Monarchs and one 4x12, and I love them. The tracking is repeatable, and the optics are outstanding.

The 40 moa is about standard for scopes like these - but not a problem if you mount it in Burris Signature ZEE rings and use the little shells so the 100 yd zero is at the bottom of the elevation - then you will have all of the 40 moa to use as "UP"it will then take you past 1,000 yds with most centerfire cartridges.

Before you throw away the money for 70 moa of elevation, make sure you can use it.

Put in standard mounts, you will have ~+/- 35 moa available.

If you get a tapered base and you will have 55 moa (+/-)

Do you need it? Can you even use it?

I put a scope with 145 moa of elevation on a 50 BMG, and it took about $400 worth of mounts to be able to use it all.

Plan it out before throwing money at catalog specs that you might not be able to use.

Understood Cat..

Can you give me an educated guess at drop at 500 yards?

Specs..

20" 1/12 twist
150gr Bal Tip
2800fps muzzle velocity
100 yard zero

Quote:
Understood Cat..

Can you give me an educated guess at drop at 500 yards?

Specs..

20" 1/12 twist
150gr Bal Tip
2800fps muzzle velocity
100 yard zero

55" drop

10.5 moa elevation correction

10 mph crossing wind - 20" drift.

If you mount it in Burris rings as described above - it will take past 1,000 yds with no holdover.

Back