Which replacement trigger for Remington model 7?

Str8 Shooter

I've been looking for a replacement trigger w/ safety for my Rem. model 7, but can't seem to find a Timney or Rifle Basix that will work. It's a newer model 7 w/ the X-Mark Pro trigger. Anyone have any info. on this?

Quote:
I've been looking for a replacement trigger w/ safety for my Rem. model 7, but can't seem to find a Timney or Rifle Basix that will work. It's a newer model 7 w/ the X-Mark Pro trigger. Anyone have any info. on this?

It will take any M700 trigger.

What is wrong with your Mark-X trigger - it is my experence that they are very good - I would rather have a Mark-X trigger than a Timney any day.

Are you sure the older model trigger won't work?
I know for positive that the older style triggers work on newer 700's that came with the X-Mark (or whatever it is) trigger.
I would think the Model 7 would be the same.

You might try calling Timney or Basix. They're both pretty helpfull.

Good luck and let us know what ya find out.

Oops,,,,, Cat was typing while I was.
I thought they might be the same.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I didn't see the model 7 listed so I didn't think that they would work. The x-mark that I currently have doesn't seem to adjust down as low as I want (around 2.5 lbs.) and recently it has started to release the firing pin when I push off the safety (unloaded of course) When I turn the trigger back up to fix that problem, the trigger pull is pretty heavy. Maybe I'm missing something?

I had a guy work over my Xmark trigger on my model 7 and he got it safely down to 2 1/4 lb. Breaks like glass... Feels like a $200 jewell.. It is sweet.. He lightened it and polished it up.. Cost me $25 for the job.. He also did two other remmy triggers I got and they are sweet as well.. Both of them a hair over 2 lbs. I would suggest save your money and find a good gunsmith to work that remmy trigger over..

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I didn't see the model 7 listed so I didn't think that they would work. The x-mark that I currently have doesn't seem to adjust down as low as I want (around 2.5 lbs.) and recently it has started to release the firing pin when I push off the safety (unloaded of course) When I turn the trigger back up to fix that problem, the trigger pull is pretty heavy. Maybe I'm missing something?

Just replaced the trigger on my model 7 for the same exact same reason. However, it was the older style trigger. Karl at Kampfeld Custom sold me one for $20.He buffed it a bit, put it in and it breaks like glass around 2 lbs.

Some of the Remmy triggers are just hit and miss as far as how low you can get the trigger pull.

Haven't used the X-mark yet....

I second the $25 trigger job on the X-mark. Mine on my Predator was good out of the box but I lightened it just a bit and am very happy with it.

I have the predator 17 fireball. I lightned the trigger thanks to catshooter. It is the nicest factory trigger I have shot. It is smooth and breaks like glass. You couldnt give me a aftermarket trigger to replace it.

thanks for the info. guys... after hearing some of the luck people have had w/ the smith, I think I might try that route first. The gun shoots really well, just can't get past the stiff trigger pull, it's way heavier than any of my others.

Dude, if your trigger is letting off when you release the safety, something is WRONG! Did you change the sear engagement? Sounds like it. That trigger is currently UNSAFE. Take it to a gunsmith and get it adjusted now.

FWIW, I have one 700 in .308 with the X-Mark trigger and (after I adjusted it properly) it is an excellent hunting trigger. Every bit as good as the older style 700 triggers for hunting.

nope, the only screw I touched was the tension adjustment (per the directions on this site) When I increase the tension the safety functions correctly but the trigger pull is pretty stiff. I'm taking it to a smith this week to get it tweaked.

Back