ARRRRR, I blew it

Locohead

Yesterday I was out calling by myself with the video recorder. I called this badger from darn near a 1/2 mile away. At about 300 yards or so, I tried to be a Howard Cosell or something and start talking to myself out loud for the SONY's sake. I say, "I am going to get my gun now". (Talking to myself always gets me into trouble)The badger stops dead in his tracks and hangs up at about 300 yards. AAAARRRR It would have been a great shot on video to watch him come all the way in. So I take a shot and hit a praire-dog mound and all I see is a dirt cloud. When it clears, no badger. I don't even know if I hit low or high.

Oh well maybe some day I'll get to shoot another one on tape. :rolleyes:

Funny you mention a badger, last weekend a called one in. The only thing was I didnt notice him til he was 25yds's out and coming hard at me. I barked at him, he paused a second and kept coming.I took him at 15 yds.He was a little over 20 pounds. They dont bite do they?

Hey barry206!
Badgers don't bite. They are quite docile. You have to feed them a carrot first before you try and pet them. Then when you do pet one, make sure you go from the nose to the tail. NOT the other way!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Uh Barry, :eek: your question seemed serious, (They don't bite do they?) A badger is the hell child of the Tazmanian devil and a wolverine. I neverrrrr want to tangle with another one.
Gun good. Badger bad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back