Which MP3 features should I absolutley not go without?

Embalmer

I am looking for a new MP3 player to go along with my new JS Por Convert a call (Thanks Andy)

I have seen alot of people recommend the Rio 600. But they complain about the lack of backlighting. So seeing as how alot of my calling is done at night I know I will definetely want a lit display.
But what other features would you recommend that I absolutely make sure that the MP3 player I buy has?

I want at least 64mb and dont want to spend much more then $100. Less then $100 would be ideal. Now I know I am asking alot but it can be done. There are ALOT out there under $100 with alot of features. Now I just need to decide on what features I really need and which ones I can do without so I can decide on which one to buy.

So what features would you all recommend for my new MP3?

I've only ever owned one MP3, a PoGo RipFlash Plus 128 MB job I picked up for around $100, but it does just what I need it to do.

Feature that would be toughest to do without is that it's also a recorder. Makes lower background-noise mouthblown call recordings with the Nady microphone than the PC sound card recordings I was doing before. Also has a built-in mic that I don't use as much, but I've made some good tracks with that, too. Recorded tracks can be uploaded via USB to the PC for editing, w/o a second digital to analog conversion.

Also like that it has relatively big buttons, lots of memory (expandable with a flash card slot), and the display shows a lot of information.

FWIW, the blue backlighting can be turned off, or the interval it stays lit after pushing a button can be adjusted.

LionHo

I ended up bidding on a MP3 player on Ebay not expecting to be the wining bidder. But I was. So I now own the RIo 800. Seems like it will work out fine. It only has 64mb but can be expanded to up to 512 I think with external flash cards or some other source. So it should work out just fine. I hope. The buttons seem large enough and the screen is back lit so I think it will serve my purposes well enough.

I hope lol

not a bad deal at $30 : )

Embalmer, the Rio 800 should be just fine for your MP3 caller. There is a highly touted electronic call maker that used the same unit for a sound source a year or so ago. The prices were higher though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif MI VHNTR

I see that there are RIO 600's for sale on E-Bay for a lot less than $100.00.

A little more snooping around netted the name "Creative Nomad Jukebox".

If money is not an issue, for $200 to the mid-$400 range this line of players will blow your socks off!!!!

Mark

Back