Albino bobcat??

Anvil1187

I have a guy who swears he's seen two albino bobcats on some property I can hunt in Western Oklahoma.

Anyone else ever seen or taken a albino cat?

Last edited:
i called in a Albino bobcat 2 times and could not get him to come under the fence to our property.both times had him less then 20 yards.when i got permission to hunt the other property i never seen him again.he was a sweasome bobcat big too with pink eyes.

There was an article in Predator Xtreme magazine about an albino bobcat that some guy killed a while back.
I've never seen one though,its rare enough to see a normal one except when Im not huntin for em'. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif
That would be pretty neat though.

Could have been a white house cat? Just kidding I am sure they exist. I have seen an albino raccoon and several different big game species in pictures.

My best friend here in WV is a taxidermist, and has taken in two white bobcats this year. He got one in early January and the other in November. They were both killed within about 3 miles of each other. The DNR came in a checked both cats to verify that they were bobcats and not just an over grown house cat. I'm still a little "iffy" on posting pictures, but here is his website.

http://www.coleswildlife.com/

When his main page comes up click on Gallery.
Then click on his small game photo album thmubnail.
When it comes up scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the last page of photos, I think it's page 13. The last 4 photos are of the one he got in January. He's still waiting on the eyes to come in for the other one. I guess he had to special order them.

Here is the one in the PX magazine.I hope this is allowed?
12-30-2008040751PM.jpg

Yeah, that's the guy. I've met him on two occassions at my buddy's shop. He's a super nice guy, and very knowledgeable about bobcat hunting! From what I understand he spent a week this past November trying to call another white bobcat in that had been seen near the same area. The one day he didn't show up to hunt, the land owner went out deer hunting, and killed it.

As for my buddy's taxidermy work, he is very creative. If I ever get lucky enough to take a bobcat, he'll definatly be mounting it for me. He's the kind of guy that you just say "Do what ever you want with it", and I promise you'll get a mount like no one else has. He hates to do two mounts the same.

Back