If you was getting a AR

Right now finding the AR you want is a problem, you might have to settle for something less unless you are willing to wait a long time OR pay a premium.

My last one was a Superior lower and RRA upper, stainless 1x8, freefloat alum. tube forearm, stock trigger with JP springs, and the barrel was fluted under the handguards by Mike Milli, magpul grip and some unknown makers stock. I did that prior to the election as I was afraid prices would go up dramatically.

I'm wanting to change the trigger out, the stock and the freefloat tube but now isn't a good time to do that. I would suppose the trigger will be the priorty.

If I had the money, I'd look at one of LaRue's uppers, on a RRA or Superior Lower, MagPul stock...not sure which one, Geissele AR15 High Speed trigger, MagPul grip, LaRue one piece scope mount, with a Nighforce NXS 2.5x10 scope.........or I'd buy the upper from Mike Milli and have a complete custom rig.... Money is an object so this isn't happening for me.

There is a difference in parts, do some research and go with a someone good and you'll have a dependable rifle that will last you a long time.

Never mind it just dawned on me why..the election!> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif. My wheels must not have been turnin last night /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Thanks to everyone, I always kick things around for a while before I make a decision. I may try to take in one of the gun shows next month.
I would like to shoot one before I buy.

I've got two RRA uppers. Well, actually I have one RRA upper thats an A2 national match, and I have one that is pieced together on a DPMS low-pro upper with a 22" barrel from RRA. Both uppers can shoot 1/4 MOA out to 300 yards and maybe farther. For that reason I would recomend anything from RRA. For a hunting gun, I would go with a 20" barrel or LESS. With the 22" barrel, mine gets a bit heavy after a while.

Personally, I'd build one from pieces at this point if I were only going to hunt with it.

On the other hand, I'm TRYING to save up my pennies so that I can buy an upper from Mike at D-Tech. I've really got my heart set on a 6mm BR, but it's going to take me a couple of years to get the money saved up.

Mark

Back