DECOY QUESTION

I picked up a Featherflex fawn a couple of years back. Doctored it up with some shiny black nail polish for the eyes and the nose. Added a black tail from a piece of scrap cowhide, rough out, velcro'd to the butt to make it look a little more like a CA Coastal Blacktail. It's compact when squished up into the bottom compartment of my pack, and weighs almost nothing, but without motion I doubt it's added a lot to my stands. Have to say, though, I've called does, a couple of times, using it... and once a fox walked up on it after it fell over in the wind. Fox looked a bit a-skeered of it, hackles raised. Fawn might be preventing the little guys from coming closer and risking getting their butt kicked by it's mom (I once saw a doe chase a bobcat away from it's fawn. Cat nearly got its head split open!)
If all this makes you want to run out and get one, do yourself a favor and also pick up a tube of ShoeGoo to keep the Featherflex from falling apart at the seam.

Originally posted by Predator Spanker:
[qb]The enticer decoy is working for me[/qb]
it was nice talking to you wayne this morning, by the way can you direct me to the site where the decoy i would be able to use with your caller.
sam

Hey Gambler...

Where abouts in Texas are ya?

"The Enticer" can be found here... Let Eric know Predator Masters sent ya... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hey your pretty close then... I'm in Garland.

I did some private animal captures in Grapevine a few years back when a dog trainer lost a German Shorthair Pointer and a Pointer from his training kennels.

Originally posted by Robert Cobb:
[qb]Hey your pretty close then... I'm in Garland.

I did some private animal captures in Grapevine a few years back when a dog trainer lost a German Shorthair Pointer and a Pointer from his training kennels.[/qb]
well i own a restaurant in carrollton texas off interstate 35 and frankford road called STEAK ESCAPE, you can see it from the hwy, if you ever in that direction stop by, i'll buy you a lunch and you can show me your loudmouth if you own one
take care
sam

Thanks Sam I'll try to take you up on that... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I don't have the loudmouth yet, but it should be on it's way tomorrow... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Robert,

Ahhh, haaaa....getting your Loudmouth, huh????

I knew you would do it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Give me a call if you need any help with it, took me a couple days to learn it top to bottom but it's a piece of cake after that. I'm sure you'll get it no problem. It's a fun one....and loud as you want it to be.

Let us know how you do out in the field.

Best regards,

John

Back