Notice our rating

greg223

Of the top 100 sites, PM has climbed to #5, that is something! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

It was #9 for a long time. If we continue with the standards of leadership by the Administration and Mod's maybe someday we will claim #1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

been #1 in my book for a long time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

That ranking changes with the season and with the number of hits. I've noticed we've been as high as number two in the past. Not sure if it's ever been number one though...

And, if the mods and admin were pulling their weight, we'd be number one and stay there.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Notice the emoticons.... JUST KIDDING! The rating is about hits. Not how the mods or admin runs things. It's all about how popular we are. It was just a JOKE...

Last edited:
I knew you were joking, Randy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Actually, I think the way a website is administered has something to do with the ratings as well. If a site is nothing but trouble & people don't find the information they are looking for within a certain site, then the membership & hits a site has will be reflective of the poor management.

If a site is informative, especially to newcomers that come seeking information about what they want to do, and a strong "veteran" membership supports the questions that a newcomer asks, (yes, I know they get repetitive) then that site will not only build a base of newcomers, but it invokes the interest of the veteran hunters to keep the sport heading in the right direction.

I notice our Banner sponsors get a huge amount of clicks as well.. That means that their support of our sport & website is paying off bigtime for them as well. I'm really glad to see that the support they give us comes back around to help them as well. I also hope that other potential sponsors can see that as well.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Our hats should be off to those veteran hunters here that are willing to inform & educate those that are interested, but new to predator hunting that keep answering the questions that keep getting posed by those breaking into predator hunting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

As far as the ratings go, the site ranking isn't really a fair shake because of the catagories that we are 'lumped' into...

PM is lumped into "Hunting" as a catagory. That includes sites that are commercial, like Numrich Gun Parts, deer hunting sites, and so forth.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Predator hunting is seasonal with a lot of hunters that focus on big game, turkey, etc., and only hunt predators when they run out of anything else to hunt.....that's why we get the fluctuation in our ranking. Sometimes the deerhunting sites fall behind us, sometimes they are in front, but the general interest in PM nearly always keeps us ranked in the top 10 year round.

That is a huge feat in itself, & the ones to credit for that is not only the administration of a site, but the members that keep a healthy promotion of the sport heading in a positive direction.

I hope we can maintain that level, or even increase the interest & education for a long time to come. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Sorry so long, I just thought that Randy brought out an interesting point.

Barry

Back