Ordered my Loudmouth caller today....

Snarkler

I am returning my Lohman CD caller with remote and TWO speakers to Cabelas (they are great with customer service by the way!!!)and I placed my order today with AP @ allpredatorcalls.com. AP was very helpful to me and so was Wayne w/Loudmouth. I ordered the superflage camo one with remote and, Wayne with Loudmouthgamecalls.com is kind enough to load the sounds that I want on the caller custom just for me. I did LOTS of homework before on callers and read many many posts here and elsewhere about different callers and peoples feedback. I am confident I made the right choice. I can't wait to get mine and try it out on coyote hunts in California and Nevada.

Snarkler
"Look with your eyes .... not with your head"

Snarler,

Congratulations on your order as I'm sure you will be very pleased. The most difficult time will now be checking your mailbox EVERYDAY til it arrives. Keep us posted and give them predators hell when you recieve your new caller!!

Wildcat Cartridge Fan.........

it will be great. At least with e. callers you know the sound is what the animals sound like in the wild. I happen to think I blow a good rabbit distress call but then again I have never heard a actual rabbit distress in my ears anyway so i could sound really strange to the coyotes. who knows?

I be sure to post my results once I try out the caller.

Thanks!

Snarkler

'Shoot Straight!'

snarkler,

once you recieve your caller, email me if you have any questions about downloading sounds onto your memory card. i have had my Loudmouth for a week now and can walk you thru the downloading process - i'ts EASY!!! Takes 30 seconds and your done!!

Guy's Got Loudmouth Ordered. Were Do I Get The Card's. I want To Down load My Cougar And Bear Sound's On ONE. Cant Wait To Get Out With It Calling, Bofire And I are Going To Get Some Calling In This Year. Good Luck Guy's. Rick

bearmanric,

your Loudmouth caller will come with a digital memory card/stick which will store 16 sounds up to 30 seconds in length. Wayne also has "blank" memory cards/sticks but I honestly feel it is not needed , unless you absolutely want to have more than 1 card. Reason - You can download your personal sounds onto the memory card/stick in 30 seconds in any one of the available 16 sound slots. I had Wayne customize my card/stick with 10 sounds from his library( 2 pup lip -Rich Cronk sound, Lone Cronk, canine puppies, baby house cat, grey fox distress, grey fox puppies, woodpecker distress, flicker, baby crow, and crow riot) The remaining 6 sound slots I left blank, and have downloaded my personal favorites depending on what predator I plan to hunt.

If I go hunting coyote, I will download my favorite coyote sounds in the available slots 11 - 16. The same holds true for bobcat, fox, or any other predator I will be hunting on that trip or stand. I have over 15 CD's loaded with all kinds of animal sounds i.e.-Johnny Stewart, Lohman, Crit-R-Call, Burnham Bros., Critter magnet, etc...

To do this, you just select "EXT - external" button on the Loudmouth unit. Then hook up the supplied 4' cord with male 1/8" jacks to the Loudmouth caller and the sound supply(computer, portable CD player, MP3 player, etc...) Then hit the "record" button on the Loudmouth caller; followed by the specific sound slot # where you want your personal sound to be located. If I want to download the JS "Vittles a' la Jackrabbit" from my JS CD, I plug the cord from my Sony portable CD player to the Loudmouth unit and digitally record that sound to where I want that sound located. For me, it's any available sound storage space from 11-16. If I do not like it, I can record over it with another sound.

It's that simple. Email me with any other Q's. Thx Blake in Louisiana

Blake,
Thanks for taking the time to answer questions about the Loudmouth's record feature.
You definitely explain things better than I would have. Talk to you soon.

Wayne

I just some sequences from my own calls to the Loudmouth. I blew em directly into the mic. and used GoldWave. There's nothing to it.
I have a couple of friends who are pretty good callers. Next time they're here I'll have them blow a 30 second sequence into the mic. of their own unique calling style. Then I'll have that on the sound card as well. (Hopefully they won't realize that they'll be calling in coyotes for me while they're at work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ) I'm going to have a lot of fun with this little squak box this winter.

Brad

Great posts - Question to spanker - I've been doing my recording without selecting "ext" at all. I hook up the cord to the cd, cassette, and yes other game callers (ive bought a few over the years) select/turn on the call I want to record. I then hit "rec",1, 5 for example to record over the 5th slot. Is the reason you hit "ext" just to play the call thru the loudmouths speaker during recording? - It records fine without doing that as well...

The EXT button is for two purposes.
#1 you can hear the sounds you are recording onto the sound card.
#2 You can play sounds straight through the Loudmouth. CD's, Cassettes, MP3 players.
You can take a microphone and use the caller as a PA system or with the same microphone record yourself with a mouth call. Look at Rich Cronk.
His sounds are some of the best I ever heard and now he has what he likes on his caller they way he wants them and in the order he wants them in.
I had one guy from PA who did not want the two grunts on our caller and did not like one of the howls. He owns some JS and BB tapes and said he will add them. The nice thing about having the ability to here the sound play is because you can pick the sequence on the cassette,CD, MP3 you like.
Another thing I failed to mention,if you only have say only 18 seconds of sound.If you record the 18 seconds onto our sound card,the caller will automatically loop 18 seconds. If you have 10 seconds of sound, record it, and at the end of 10 seconds the sound will start over. It's not like you have 10 seconds of sound on a 30 second loop and have to wait 20 seconds for the sound to cycle.
The blank sound cards gives the hunter the ability to keep all the sounds he likes without having to give one up to get another.
The Loudmouth caller was well thought out, thease features were not a last minute thought.

After speaking with Wayne today and discussing what sounds I wanted on my sound card I ordered my Loudmouth! Now it is the waiting that will be tough!

You can take a microphone and use the caller as a PA system or with the same microphone record yourself with a mouth call.
Ah ha, I thought you needed to record thru your computer then play it back with the Loudmouth pluged into the audio/head phone jack. .. So plug a microphone into the Loudmouth and go.

Hey...

That sounds like it could be fun... Reminds me of the old T.V. commercial back in the 70's and 80's for that Mr. Microphone thing that would play through the radio. Where the car load of guys in a mustang would ride up to some babe on a bike and holler on the microphone "Hey good looking, we'll be back to pick you up later!" LMAO

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

How is the sound quality when downloading your own sounds from a tape or CD? Do you need to clean up any of the sounds (Goldwave, etc.) to avoid the excessive hiss or other unwanted noise?

Sounds interesting to say the least.

Rusty

Rusty Holt,
In order to hear a perfect sound coming out of the speaker, you must load a perfect sound onto the caller. I don't have Goldwave or anything like that, but if you take precautions when recording your sounds you can eliminate pops and hiss.

To those predatormasters members with back ordered "superflages" - INFO YOU - Many of the back orders were shipped yesterday and today. Another 2 shipments of them are due Thurday & Friday which should clear all back orders and maybe give us a onhand supply :eek: . The Desert Storm & Snake Skin (including mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif )got held up by the East Coast storm. They will be shipped direct from manufacturer to customers to save shipping time(hopefully tomorrow or Thursday). We now have plenty of non-remote models (green or superflage) ready for immediate shipment. By the end of next week, with a little luck, we should have an onhand supply of all models.

Good hunting to all,

AP

GOT IT! It is here and it was worth the wait. It is smaller than I thought which is a great thing and it is WAY louder than I thought it would be.

I can't wait to try it out this weekend!

Snarkler

Snarkler you heading up this way to try that thing out or are you going to try and trick some local nieghborhood cats into thinking it's dinner time?

If you head up I-80 let me know we could get together and shoot the breeze.

Rukus aka Joe

Back