new to trapping

jonny

Me and my sons 11 and 16 are taking he trapping course for Wisconsin Ive never trapped before I do taxidermy as a hobby so im familiar with hides and skinning ect my question is what type and size of traps do i need to purchase for coyote and fox any other help would be appreciated thank you

jonny,

save yourself a bunch of headaches... buy you some #3 montana specials.... ready to roll right out of the box....

There's a guy on trapperman.com that's trying to sell 2 dozen #3 Montanas right now. Pretty good deal. I was going to buy them, but I don't like the chain rig he had on them and we couldn't reach common ground on selling them without the chains. That's a good site for trapping info as well.

the best I know of are made by Minnesota Trapline Products. They are called MB 550`s, and all you have to do is dye and wax them. they are already night-latched, and have adequate swivels to prevent foot damage.I`ve caught everything from coyotes to gray fox, and never had any damage to the foot.They cost about 190.00 a doz., but they will save you alot of headache and heartache.

Ive been looking at the montanas are the mb's the same it sounds like there a good trap for a beginner plus the montanas are made in china makes me ? them.

MBs are good traps, also. John Graham in Montana was in on the development of the Montana traps along with Gerald Schmidt in Minnesota. They did a lot of research with trappers on what they wanted in a coyote/cat trap and, even though they're made in China, they're well made traps. I'm switching over to them completely because I like the dogless traps. I don't think you'll be disappointed with MBs, Montanas, or Bridgers.

Back