Last 2 Times Out, 3 Down

jimanaz

Went out with my regular partner, John, on Friday. He had from Tuesday on off work and we hoped to get some good calling in, but Mother Nature had other ideas so Friday was the only real chance we had to take advantage. Conditions were slimy and muddy but we got a couple and I let a third escape me that came in for a quick look, but turned around and got behind some brush before I could get the shotgun on it. Every coyote that came in came to my side that day and John had to settle for being the photographer.
IMG_0943.jpg

I went out for a few quickies this morning and managed to call in a double on my third stand. A nice sized male showed up about a minute and a half in from my right side and checked up about 10 feet from my decoy, DRT. Number 2 came in about 2 minutes later from straight out. I should have stopped it and shot it sooner but I let it hang a sharp left about 60 yards out and get downwind. Couldn't get it stopped in a clear place where I could get a shot off before it trotted out of sight.
IMG_0946.jpg

Sorry about the gang signs. I try to remember to take normal pictures but didn't do a very good job this time.

Congrats Jim!! It must be fun to get out in the mud. Looks like more rain and more mud for next week.

Glad to see you could get out and get after them... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Were still pretty much snowed in here for getting off road to far into the calling areas...MAYBE Monday before the next storm hits.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Well done!!

I wish we had some coyotes left around here. I think they are all hibernating cause I ain't called one in since it snowed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Thanks for posting.

M

Wow! Barry probably wasn't aware that you thought he was ruggedly handsome. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Spandextacular.

Hey I know where you beat the guy up real bad and stole that eotech red dot, but where did you get the magnifier?

After seeing your set up I'm thinking of slapping it on my little AR.

I beat genesis up for it. They're kinda spendy but that shouldn't deter you. Keep your eye out on ARF.com and you should be able to get one at a decent price. With no reticle, there's not much to worry about in a used one. Don't forget the FTS mount.

No reticle, get the fts mount... Gotcha.

You think its worth it to spend the extra to get the 4x? Or is the 3x good enough? I mean I see you knocking down coyotes like bowling pins, but I need all the help I can get.

In a word, NO! Actual magnification on the 3X is 3.25 and 4x is 3.75, if memory serves. I feel like my setup is sufficient out to 200 yards. We don't have too many places to make longer shots than that where we live and when I do go somewhere wide open, I take a different rifle.

Well done! Gang signs are just fine by me. Seeing those shirt sleeves kinda hurts though. We went calling on Sat. and my face didn't thaw out all the way until Sun.

- DAA

Kodiak - does this guy have permission to be on your turf, "Andrewzonia"?

Them might truly be gang signs to taunt you :>)

Quote:
Kodiak - does this guy have permission to be on your turf, "Andrewzonia"?

Them might truly be gang signs to taunt you :>)

Jim is my Minister of Foreign Relations. He is also the Chairman of the council for territorial disputes. Those gang signs are something the senate voted on and its Jim's responsibility to ensure my turf is protected and properly "tagged" so that trespassers are aware of their violations.

Jim is good people.

You guys are pretty funny. I want to be Minister of Defense though. Not sure why, it just sounds cool. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The shirt sleeves are a tradeoff Dave. C'mon down for some 110 - 115 degree days. They won't look so attractive then. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back