selling bobcats in oklakoma? URGENT!

I sold a little 18 lb. tom last Sat for 75 bucks and coons at 8 a piece. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif The cat was less than prime still with a little red on him. The guy said if had his winter coat he'd been worth $100 compared to last years 125.

Hey, that's pretty good prices. Alot better than what I have been hearing. Let us know the buyer because I am ready to go.

Quote:
I sold a little 18 lb. tom last Sat for 75 bucks and coons at 8 a piece. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif The cat was less than prime still with a little red on him. The guy said if had his winter coat he'd been worth $100 compared to last years 125.

Were these put up, in the grease or round ?

Thanks, for the post,BTW.

The price doesnt seem like its dropped too much from what I heard it was last year so thats not as bad as I figured.Of course Im shure its different in certain parts of Oklahoma but maybe not.Which reminds me of a question I have.How exactly does the fur buyer determine how much a pelt is worth?

My guy told me, a bobcat pelt is detetmined by the coloring, spots, and the thickness & plus cat size.
Before the cat gets it's winter coat they have a red & yellowish tinted coloring. As the weather changes colder their fur changes as well to the darker more gray which makes their spots more noticable as well as the thicking of their fur. The thicker, the grayer, and most noticable spots aka: winter pelt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Ok thanks turn2theright.I never knew that cats actually got a different color during certain times of the year.I just thought it all had to do with how long the fur was on the critter that determined the price of the pelt.I knew size had something to do with it too so I was right about that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I dont know if this is something that I've just noticed or what but it seems like all of the cats that I see out here on the flat land where I live are really dark brown colored.They have spots on their back but they dont show up as much as cats further South it doesnt seem like.I've seen one grey colored one but the rest were just brown.The only other place that I've seen the grey colored cats was down by Woodward and around that area.We quail hunt down there alot and so far I've never seen a brown one like we have here.I could just be imagining things too I dont know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sorry I am new and I guess somehow I done something wrong..What I was trying to post was..There are 12 however, only 2 apply to most of Oklahoma. Most of the Cats come in from Texas which are much grayer. The brown cats are around Kansas due to golden surrounding they can hide much better. But their fur will become a much darker brown it's more golden before their winter coats come in. I hope that helps. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Will do. Do you know if he is giving more for skinned? Gonna take 5 cats, 2 are skinned; 3 coons and whatever is in the traps in the morning.

Well, went and sold so I'm letting you know how I did:

1-Large Tom- $125
2-Med. Females- $75 and $70
1-Med./Small Male-$35
1-Small Female-$20

4 Coon- $6/Avg.

Back